haha that's priceless
Now that's one beautifully executed piss-take Hahaha
hahaha!
he must get the GOOD drugs Hahaha
Hahaha
Hahaha
5 stars for the trainwreck Hahaha
Love it. Grin
I heard that he gets upwards of 50 grand for his fee and he also has controll of all merchandise stalls at the venue. Thats mega wonga if true !!!

Fair play to the fucking cunt!
Yep, nothing wrong in taking money from idiots.
wgy is everyone in white? is it a cult?
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
yeah tiesto is the worlds biggest draw as a dj apparently and he does charge stoopido money for a set.

i dont know why personally.

i heard him once before a few years back and he didnt excite me at all really

i dont get how somebody can turn up for an hour and simply play music (in whatever format) and get away with charging that sort of fee.

Its ridiculous.

Peace
Quote:i dont get how somebody can turn up for an hour and simply play music (in whatever format) and get away with charging that sort of fee.

If you can, why the hell not? Some people in this world, and this may shock you Michael, aren't always in their career for the love of it. Tiesto may well love what he does as much as any of us, he may even just love and respect the music he plays. It just so happens he can charge silly amounts for a set and people pay it, then the punters pay to see it.

We'd all do the same if we could. Fuck it, most of us do it every day in our jobs. We don't want to do it half the time, but if it turn up we get paid for it Grin
that scratching Lol

his total irreverence for mixing in front of thousands of people is mighty impressive!

silent.wolf Wrote:5 stars for the trainwreck Hahaha

Hahaha
[Image: n12626353545_607795_5778.jpg]

Chin

Hahaha
Hahaha
Never got the whole Titso thing until I saw this. I hope he plays at a very expensive night near me soon.
Is it real?
wonder why I never heard of him... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiësto

Quote:He was named "World’s No.1 DJ" 3 consecutive times by DJ Magazine from 2002 through 2004

...which itself has won...

Quote:Awards
IDMA Best Music Publication 2002[7]
IDMA Best Music Publication 2003[7]
IDMA Best Music Publication 2004[8]
Quote:The Athens Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (ATHOC) asked Tiësto to perform at the Olympic Games, making him the first DJ to play live on stage at an Olympic Games at the 2004 Summer Olympics opening ceremony in Athens, where he played for 90 minutes.[27] Tiësto flew to Athens in January 2004 to have a meeting with the ATHOC. His Tiësto in Concert DVD caught their attention, after which he was asked to write more tracks based on his opening tune "Adagio for Strings" which could fit in with the Olympic spirit and combine the classical with the modern age; They also requested that he play his own produced music. The first rehearsal was on Saturday August, 7, for an empty stadium; the second rehearsal was on Sunday August 8 with 35,000 volunteers, a lot of the people recognised some tracks like "Traffic" and "Adagio for Strings". The last rehearsal included almost 60,000 people in the stadium which was on Tuesday August 10, there were some technical problems, the mixer broke down, the monitors dropped out a couple of times and the music in the stadium was not continuously on the right volume

"technical problems"

lol @ shitting the bed in front of 60K people
cordani Wrote:lol @ shitting the bed in front of 60K people

LolLolLol
That Athens gig sounds like the organisers couldn't be bothered to sort out the proper licensing with a mix worths of artists.

I would have happily done the gig for a fraction of the cost. Imagine the buzz of clearing 60,000 people out of a venue.
its not real apparently

wilshy...maybe i should have rephrased that :

how in the hell can any promoter justify 50K on one dj????

dont get me wrong mate...get paid whatever you can get away with, but 50 large is just stupid.

doesnt tiesto actually have his own personal jet as well??

peace

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rocksteady.45.Mix #11 - Real, Real Cool BlueWater 10 7,637 9th February 2012, 07:34
Last Post: oplin
  [Organic] Interview Klute - Nicking Tiesto's booze and passing out in ally ways Alexander. 0 1,150 27th November 2011, 22:15
Last Post: Alexander.
  somebedroomdj's review of Tiesto on discogs noisemonkey 8 1,711 4th March 2009, 01:29
Last Post: cheef
  How annoying is that geezer on the match.com ad on myspace?! DJFracture 11 3,531 20th August 2008, 12:17
Last Post: noisemonkey
  Tiesto Code 9 1,799 25th June 2008, 10:42
Last Post: strike