Any Subverts Been To Turkey?

9 Replies, 5519 Views

Looks like I will be going to Istanbul and Gebze at the end of this month to check on one of our vendors and will likely have the evenings free to check stuff out. Can anyone offer up some must see pointers as I will not have a whole lot of free time but would like to see some of the sights.
anyone? Neutral
I went with two of my best mates, around about 96 mate. Went to Gumbet, wherever the fuck that is; it seemed to be a small, very British populated dive, with cheap food, cheap beer and a salesman on every corner (''diamond geezer ice cream freezer'' was the shout of one particular bloke every single time we passed him, every day Hahaha)

Cockroaches in most of the bars sinks/toilets, very aggresive policing (physical reminders seemed frequent), shit music.

I had a really good time though Grin

Met some genuinely lovely people (the ice cream freezer bloke turned out to be more human than he was salesman, gave me a mad lilac-stone chain thing for nothing - thinking about it, that was possibly grooming though, given that i was about 18 at the time Neutral)

The bar we ended up hanging about at most nights had fuck all going for it but the lads working there were a great laugh - in particular one HUGE blonde haired, Viking looking Scandanavian lad called Knut, he was a great bloke although he scored me some 'weed' while i was there and it was the size of a Wrigleys Superfruit, cost £20 and wouldn't even burn. Mmmm. Oops

Forgot to mention i got severe sunstroke on the very first day, although i was wearing a baseball cap (backwards) and had my t-shirt over my neck/upper back - I'd had sunstroke twice in britain already, so was quite aware of what to do and avoid. Well i thought i was, until i had a seizure, ran into the sea and screamed obscenities at anyone that tried to help Icon_sad Don't remember any of it, only waking up in a surgery with a fella pulling a syringe out of my arse-cheek.

Summary; For me, Turkey was a nightmare in one way, but one very fond memory in another. Pointers? Enjoy Istanbul and FUCK GUMBET Lol
Dan, hit me on a pm with your email, and I'll put you in touch with some folks from there and some folks who've been there. In fact, one person I'd suggest you email lives in Montreal as well. Smile
More Time...
no, but apparently I can get Turkish Lira in my village post office Grin
Hovver Wrote:until i had a seizure, ran into the sea and screamed obscenities at anyone that tried to help Icon_sad Don't remember any of it, only waking up in a surgery with a fella pulling a syringe out of my arse-cheek.

For fucks sake Maff! Can't you go anywhere without having a Frank Spencer moment?!?! Hahaha
esb Wrote:anyone? Neutral

no

but i have eaten turkey

and i recommend it highly if you ever do so get the chance for your little self
I live on Green Lanes, i don't really need to go.

Big ting munch
Fada Wrote:
esb Wrote:anyone? Neutral

no

but i have eaten turkey

and i recommend it highly if you ever do so get the chance for your little self

I'm vegan
please dont bring religion into this

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Elections Turkey firefinga 3 2,459 25th July 2016, 12:26
Last Post: firefinga
  My life as a Turkey Ben Kei 7 2,818 9th August 2011, 00:47
Last Post: MetaLX
  Germany vs Turkey strike 39 7,777 26th June 2008, 12:39
Last Post: Macc
  Turkey vs Czech Republic Concept81 6 2,506 16th June 2008, 13:28
Last Post: Statto
  Attn Czech Subverts and Subverts who have been in Prague haxhi 16 7,318 17th January 2008, 16:07
Last Post: Law