"By dubstep do you mean slowed down jungle?"

35 Replies, 9640 Views

A Guy Called Gerald. a little interview on the bloc website.
http://www.blocweekend.com/feature/a-guy...interview/
http://www.soundcloud.com/shift/ - SCD soundclash tune is up Drums
upptemped ambient :P
dubstep promoter
dubstep sounds more like slowed down clownstep
its amazing how quickly dubstep went to shite.
Jungle is the new dubstep.
Viva acid house!
Paradigm X Wrote:its amazing how quickly dubstep went to shite.

not at all.
dubstep has been around for 8-10 years.
dnb went to shite in 5 :P
These days I understand Dubstep to mean shitheads using Massive presets and sampling random voice-talk over the top to lend cool and credibility to zero ability.

I realise that is greatly unfair to the many talented people that create dubstep.

I still stick by it Grin
Roo Stercogburn Wrote:These days I understand [INSERT_GENERIC_MUSIC] to mean shitheads using Massive presets and sampling random voice-talk over the top to lend cool and credibility to zero ability.

I realise that is greatly unfair to the many talented people that create [INSERT_GENERIC_MUSIC].

I still stick by it Grin

Huge déjà vu of dnb people from some years back :P
Statto Wrote:

not at all.

hardcore/early dnb/jungle/dnb has been around for about 20 years now, so it couldnt have gone shite in 5!

will the other music style mentioned still be around in 20 years?
DJ ML Wrote:hardcore/early dnb/jungle/dnb has been around for about 20 years now, so it couldnt have gone shite in 5!

I was half joking there Wink

but only half
and dubsteps been shite for 5 years or more...

Statto = maths king Icon_razz
Statto Wrote:
DJ ML Wrote:hardcore/early dnb/jungle/dnb has been around for about 20 years now, so it couldnt have gone shite in 5!

I was half joking there Wink

but only half

yeah I did think you said it in part jest!
All of these genres went to shit the minute they were given their own genre name.
I'm still trying to figure out how it went from this sound being dominant in the clubs

To this

In such a short space of time
rondema Wrote:All of these genres went to shit the minute they were given their own genre name.

Not all!

[Image: em82.gif] to Pubstep Grin
DJ ML Wrote:
Statto Wrote:

not at all.

hardcore/early dnb/jungle/dnb has been around for about 20 years now, so it couldnt have gone shite in 5!

When did continuing to churn out the same rinsed out basslines and the same rinsed out beats for ten years after they'd got boring become a good thing?

In terms of tunes, yeah, I'm probably going to be listening to the best dubstep tunes for about as long as I'm listening to the best jungle tunes - maybe they're not quite at the same level as the very best jungle stuff, but then not much is. In terms of the scene, why is rigidly sticking to the same scene with the same name and the same sounds a better thing than evolving and changing and trying to keep ahead of the people with the generic cookie cutter tunes and the nights where you know that all the tunes are going to sound exactly the same?
pressure Wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how it went from this sound being dominant in the clubs

To this

In such a short space of time

drugs?
Roll any of you knob heads read the interview?

Hahaha
should of used a different quote.
http://www.soundcloud.com/shift/ - SCD soundclash tune is up Drums
Dubstep's just fast sounding like your everyday commerical RnB rubbish, it'll just become that within a matter of months. Then another genre will get pulled from the underground and it'll undergo the same ghastly process.

Poor old Digital Mystikz though... I feel worst for them in all this. No way did they ever want their sound to be responsible for the state of the genre today, just like how Shift didn't want this thread to become a dubstep-bashing one! Smile
Yeah good interview. You seen his RBMA lecture?
there was some trendy club dj on soccer am a week or 2 back and they asked him what music he played, or whats big in the clubs or whatever

his reply was something like "Grime & Dubsteps really hot now... any dubstep remixes and stuff by Wiley"
Interview's a good read btw Shift Lol

*note to self: check out 'true school'*
Euphony Wrote:
rondema Wrote:All of these genres went to shit the minute they were given their own genre name.

Not all!

[Image: em82.gif] to Pubstep Grin

[Image: em82.gif] Hahaha Euphony, U-Funny

dubstep should be correctly pronounced doob-step, for all the stoners.

good interview Xyxthumbs
Some alternativec names for dubstep provided by mates :

slugrave
Atonal Hoover noise
Mongstep
thuggae <- my personal favourite
zombie raver music
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DnB/Jungle VS Dubstep Djlimon 54 10,651 7th July 2011, 14:41
Last Post: pressure
  Justin Bieber Tolerable When Slowed Down 800 Percent Annastay 3 1,634 28th September 2010, 12:58
Last Post: Blunt
  Dubstep/garage tunes with Jungle/hardcore references/samples droid 25 5,313 4th May 2009, 20:46
Last Post: jonesy
  2 ESKMO dubstep tunes feat on 'Bay Area Dubstep Vol 1' eskmo 4 3,361 22nd October 2008, 14:05
Last Post: Statto
  Don Rosco & Stacks (Bassbin) - dubstep & jungle tonight Stacks 10 1,783 13th August 2008, 23:54
Last Post: Stacks