DJ Lee - Metalheadz Podcast - Unreleased Oldskool Tunes

12 Replies, 4123 Views

Anyone else noticed that brilliant and interesting mix?

http://www.amenbrother.co.uk/mp3/Metalhe...cast25.mp3

Unreleased (prototype) dubplate version of Flute Tune by Hidden Agenda and Your Sound by J Majik. Never even knew if they existed.
Nice one
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
Tracklist attempt from DOA:

00:00 – Peshay ???
07:30 – Doc Scott – Amen Track ???
12:50 – J Majik - Apache ??? mix?
18:40 – Hidden Agenda – The Flute Tune (Doc Scott remix)
25:00 – J Majik – Your Sound (??? Remix)
30:00 – Roni Size & Dj Krust - Formulate
34:30 – Wax Doctor – The Step (??? remix)
39:40 – Photek & Peshay ??
46:00 – PFM ???
54:40 – Dj Krust - Asian Love Dance (remix)
Yeah I grabbed this a while back when it was first posted.

Some great mixes of some well known tunes and a couple of unreleased gems too.
Nice one

Applause

Grin
Oh my goodness, flute tune is seriously one of my all time favorites. Thanks for posting a link to this mix. <3
That flute tune remix is epic. Hidden Agenda were so underrated and Goldie deserves (and probably has already got) props for recognising it. Fabio was another guy pointing out their awesomeness at the time but a lot of people didn't realise it.

Personally I liked their stuff but it takes a few listens to realise how amazing their tunes are. Hidden Agenda are way up there in terms of tunes that you can listen to years later and still hear new details.
wish hidden agenda were still around Lovesmilie
Catastrophe Wrote:That flute tune remix is epic. Hidden Agenda were so underrated and Goldie deserves (and probably has already got) props for recognising it. Fabio was another guy pointing out their awesomeness at the time but a lot of people didn't realise it.

Personally I liked their stuff but it takes a few listens to realise how amazing their tunes are. Hidden Agenda are way up there in terms of tunes that you can listen to years later and still hear new details.

Completely with you on this Catastrophe.

Always thought their music and production was superb.

The way they took samples and made them their own and integrated them into new compositions was amazing.
I still rate them as one of my top 5 production crews ever.

Loving the tunes in this mix, just onto track 3 - lovely stuff so far !
The 2nd tune (the amen track) reminds me of some of the stuff from that A Guy Called Gerald set live in Berlin actually...
u know i am not so familiar with these old skool tunes but that mix rockz!
Drums
On a Hidden Agenda tip.

My mates sister lives up near Gateshead, her farm overlooks the angel of the north.
We went up for a party there and the Hidden Agenda guys were there and DJing.
Didn't realise it was them at first but got chatting with them and they were incredibly nice and very humble guys who were really surprised that not only did we know who they were but also knew loads of their stuff by name. This was probably about 1997.

We ended up doing a load of magic mushrooms with them and spent half the night on a bouncy castle meant for the kids Lol
Ben Kei Wrote:1997

A good year for shrooms if I remember!

Re. Hidden Agenda - they really did make some tunes. Easily the most musical sounding out of the first 20 or so Headz releases.
Ben Kei Wrote:On a Hidden Agenda tip.

My mates sister lives up near Gateshead, her farm overlooks the angel of the north.
We went up for a party there and the Hidden Agenda guys were there and DJing.
Didn't realise it was them at first but got chatting with them and they were incredibly nice and very humble guys who were really surprised that not only did we know who they were but also knew loads of their stuff by name. This was probably about 1997.

We ended up doing a load of magic mushrooms with them and spent half the night on a bouncy castle meant for the kids Lol

haha - deadly Lol

Thing I loved about alot of their tunes was how they had so many different sections within them, without losing the flow of the track... difficult thing to do well.

Obviously mushrooms are a good way to improve arrangement skills.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PODCAST Metalheadz Podcast 63 - Paradox Statto 1 1,723 9th November 2018, 13:44
Last Post: Muttley
  seba metalheadz podcast 56 Muttley 0 1,229 19th March 2017, 15:44
Last Post: Muttley
  free and unreleased tunes circa 2005-2008 aka "golden age" (downloads inside) HiddenSound 19 11,479 12th March 2014, 10:29
Last Post: Euphony
  does anyone have any of con.struct's old unreleased tunes? HiddenSound 4 1,697 2nd March 2014, 18:37
Last Post: HiddenSound
  Unreleased Dillinja tunes (Dillinja is usually not my cup of tea but DAMN) SpeaK 38 23,942 27th February 2014, 10:45
Last Post: SpeaK