Side Chain with Reaper (4)

2 Replies, 2846 Views

yo,

for the last couple of days i tried reaper 4, now i have a problem with the use of side chain.

i`ve done that like in this tutorial

my problem is that when i set the kick drum channel on prefader and turn down the volume of this channel, the kick drum can be heard on the channel with side chain fx.

but i want the kick drum not to be heard. how can i route it to no output? even when i did it i can hear the kick on the side chain channel. there must be a mistake but i don`t know where.you?

#edit#

it works on audio channels but i have that problem with using a side chain fx on kontakt with 16 midi channels
I'm not totally versed in sidechaining, but make sure that you're routing your kick to inputs 3/4 on the recieving track, and then select auxillary input on ReaComp. (Didn't watch that vid, but that's the way I know to do it...)

And I don't use Kontakt, so I can't comment on that...

Hope it's a help anyways

-Sack
thanks, it is just like you say and also with kontakt. my problem is solved. i`ve done something from another tutorial vid, but that was bullshit and caused the trouble with kontakt and side chaining.

everything works fine now. reaper is really a great daw.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reaper Annastay 5 4,864 3rd April 2012, 02:50
Last Post: sackley
  Reaper 4 dsp 39 21,367 9th October 2011, 22:59
Last Post: lament
  Reaper 0=0 30 11,501 25th November 2010, 16:35
Last Post: scart ridge
  Side chaining and multiband compression. chili banks 6 4,013 17th February 2009, 08:06
Last Post: Ashtonron
  SC mastering chain - the secret weapon Macc 7 1,836 30th March 2008, 23:29
Last Post: markgabba