Can anyone help me with a Cubase problem ??? Please!! It's driving me nuts!

12 Replies, 6484 Views

Wave

I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help. I've googled and googled but none of the things I find are doing any good.
Basically I have just had to buy a new PC because the old one died. Everything whizzes along like magic, even cubase until I click on a different audio channel on the left and side.
It then takes between 30 seconds and 1 minute 20 seconds to respond and sometimes even longer.
I've checked the drivers and they are all up to date, and I can't find any answer as to why it's doing this and how it can be fixed.
I'm running windows 7 with it. Anything other than cubase works like a dream, and like I said before everything else in cubase works perfectly.
Any clues anyone? I'm at my wits end Icon_sad
man that sounds shitty Icon_sad not really had anything like that before.

can't pretend i know whats going on but some questions anyway:

if you open a new project, just empty tracks - does it take forever when selcting different track?
are you seeing major spikes in either hard disk or cpu meters? (transport thing has those)
do you have any common plugins on the tracks you are switching between? maybe there is a rogue one...
also win7 is still a bit dodgy i've heard with certain plugins.

hope thats some use... sorry if you've been down those roads already
Trying a blank project was my next move Grin

Unfortunately I'll have to wait as I accidentally pressed the mouse button at the wrong moment and now cubase is timestretching every single piece of audio in my current project and I can't stop it! Hahaha
lolz, i guess we'll hear from you tomorrow then!
ha ha.. Luckily it was a project i only just started.

So, started a brand spanking new project and there's still a 5-10 second delay, so it's not as bad but it's got nothing in it, it's just a selection of empty tracks, no audio in the pool, nothing. So, it shouldn't really take that long Neutral

Oh well, my quest continues Lol

Thanks for taking the time to try and help mate, that's really good of you Grin
what version of cubase, 32/64bit? More info required.

Google dpclatency checker as well
no worries, had my fair share of problems / help too.
just had a quick google. theres some helpful stuff in these two threads man.

http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.p...ea527e9910

http://www.audioforums.com/forums/showth...re-problem

last thing, have you checked theres not an update for cubase! thats got me before lol.

hope you sort it Cool
Thanks PDX and Scape, I'll have a play around a bit more and report back in a few days if I haven't sorted it Smile
is it ok to PM either of you if necessary? Smile
Well it appears after lots of research that any cubase version under version 4 doesn't work great with Windows 7 Neutral

I've gone to application properties and set it to run compatibly with Windows Xp service pack 2 etc etc, but no difference.

Maybe I'll have to fork out for an up to date version of cubase then. Great, first my washing machine breaks down, then my pc dies and now I need to buy cubase again! Lol
I put a trial version of cubase 4.5 on and I have no problem whatsoever Grin

So, the problem was to do with the compatibility between Windows 7 and Cubase SX3 it seems Roll

Thanks for your help with this anyway guys, it's much appreciated Grin

Wave
glad you sorted it Grin

[Image: Good%2BNews%2BEveryone%2521.jpg]
Euphony Wrote:So, the problem was to do with the compatibility between Windows 7 and Cubase SX3 it seems Roll

Lol No wonder you had problems. 7 year old version of Cubase and 8 versions since. Hope you're using other software a little newer than that! Teef
Wilshy Wrote:Hope you're using other software a little newer than that! Teef

I'm oldskool Mr Wilson, you should know that by now Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cubase and Massive MiDi Problem! j.ez 3 2,839 1st January 2010, 20:39
Last Post: denaris
  Problem with loading project into cubase HEEEELP fushara 2 2,171 27th February 2009, 11:07
Last Post: fushara
  MIDI PROBLEM CUBASE SX2 Shiva 37 7,630 19th November 2007, 02:59
Last Post: Shiva
  Cubase problem i am having...... nerve 27 5,523 6th May 2005, 13:05
Last Post: markgabba
  wami rack / midi controller / cubase sx problem. safetyboy 12 3,715 6th May 2005, 11:55
Last Post: elektrovert