Akai block diagram?

6 Replies, 3579 Views

Hi,

Would anyone have a fairly detailed block diagram or similar info on the insides of an Akai S950 by any chance?

Basically I'm researching it for a uni project but can't seem to find enough technical details about its components. I've downloaded the manual but it only seems to give a very basic picture...

any info would be great,

Cheers.
youll want the "service manual" google that.

http://www.service-manual-downloading.co...7&id=62450

Looks to be right but only had a quick look.
Excellent!

that site you posted there looks like it has everything but I can't seem to find where you actually download any of the manuals...maybe i'm missing something??

I did find the manual for the s900 on another site but not the s950 Icon_sad

nice one though Xyxthumbs
yeah its more the google term to use

after posting youre right i actually couldnt find a dl link. Maybe you need to register?

Youll have to do some googling. People selling them on ebay if youre desperate.

cheers, good lcuk
I think the S900 and S950 are basically the same machine when it comes down to the audio path (except for the 950s digital interface expansion).
the s900 service manual is probably what you're looking for.

if you don't mind me asking, what are you hoping to learn from the S950? Just a bit curious.
hue Wrote:I think the S900 and S950 are basically the same machine when it comes down to the audio path (except for the 950s digital interface expansion).

if you don't mind me asking, what are you hoping to learn from the S950? Just a bit curious.

I have a 950 its a pretty well complex machine inside, each voice has a filter and adsr circuit, I think it was designed in the uk a friend told me. I had mine apart to sort out a proper power socket as akai used some stupid 2 ping iec that know other manufacturer was using. for such a basic sampler it sure is completley full of pcbs and chips inside. any mobile phone would have more power inside 1 square cm now days Lol
hue Wrote:I think the S900 and S950 are basically the same machine when it comes down to the audio path (except for the 950s digital interface expansion).

I'm just doing a uni project where we have to research a 'classic' synth/sampler in terms of its components etc and make a case for its use in a production context. We then have to build a software device in Reaktor or something similar. So I chose the S950 and want to talk about how time-stretching works (based on granular synthesis) and relate it to some early jungle/hardcore maybe and then build a basic granular synth as the practical element of the project.

It actually doesn't have to be as technical as I first thought to be honest. I've been looking at the S900 service manual and its a bit Icon_eek ...but yeah, cheers Xyxthumbs

dsp Wrote:I have a 950 its a pretty well complex machine inside, each voice has a filter and adsr circuit, I think it was designed in the uk a friend told me. I had mine apart to sort out a proper power socket as akai used some stupid 2 ping iec that know other manufacturer was using. for such a basic sampler it sure is completley full of pcbs and chips inside. any mobile phone would have more power inside 1 square cm now days Lol

This a good starting point, nice one Xyxthumbs