Live PA Peeps - What's your setup?

9 Replies, 7727 Views

I was wondering if there any peeps that are into Live Pa.

I know Fanu is at the moment and ofcourse Paradox but are there any other artists over here.

Maybe its nice to share some thoughts of doing things.

I'm finetuning my setup at the moment after 2 years of research, practicing and trying different methods.

I will put a explanation of my setup tonight or tomorrow Smile

hope to see some more peeps!

Cheerio Robbert
ableton + midi keyboard + apc40 + mic + hand percussion + flutes
Nice!

At the moment I'm using:

Behringer BCR200 for Fx
Apc20 for Cliplaunching / Volume etc
Launchpad as a MLR style Clipchopper

I deconstruct my productions in to a couple of loops (only the most important ones) divided into Drum1, Drum2, Percussion, Bass, Atmos, Lead, Fx and Rest.

For FX i made a simple rack for each channel that contains lowpass / hipass / delay and a multi fx smartknob with fx that are suitable for the channels.

All the clip channels are routed into clipchop channels.

Each clipchop channels has a free vst called "Isampler" that instantly samples a 2 bar loop when i hit one of the pads on my launchpad. That loop can be chopped MLR style.
This is awsome for breaks!! Adds some liveaction to the set.

For the send/return channels I use Reverb and Delay (That can feed into itself) to add some dubspace Wink

Screen of my template:
[Image: livepasetup.th.png]

After doing/trying alot of complicated things this is the best setup I came up with. Not too much stuff, just keeping things simple and with a hand full of loops for each tune I have to force myself to work during a set Wink
cool! i have a eq three on each channel, and the returns are much like yours, reverb, and delay that can feedback into itself, but after my delay i have a frequency shifter, can get some really cool sounds from pitching the tails up and down
thought this was going to be about sound systems Icon_sad
hehe no about doing livesets.
I put my drums on 8 track looping (each track a different groove of the same kit + all tracks in sync) then play with the faders on my mixer (Allen & Heath with phat pre's, best EQ ever and nice compression), constantly changing between grooves, etc. play synths live with the aid of a loopstation to get nice jazzy progs going over which I can do some solo action. In the meanwhile I'm using the akai to trigger random noise and shit put in a kilometer long FX chain (BADASS) to make the sickest textural sounds. as for the PA: i've got my own 10k Funktion-one rig powered by matrix amps and the whole thing is wired with silver cables

(that would be my dream setup)
Nice approach man, for writing stuff I play a lot with different clips/patterns of my beats with legato mode on bit the same thing works wel to keep things vary a bit.

Do you have some tunes uploaded somewhere. Would love to hear that Smile
anyone got any recorded paradox live sets? whats it like live? id love for him to come down to australia but i doubt he'd risk bringing that setup

id love to start playing live but most of the hardware i have is old analog stuff that costs too much to risk and can be quiet a bitch to setup although using NI maschine along with decks is a bit of fun to keep things interesting, am yet to try it out in a club though
I have some livesets on my external HD somewhere but I gues there are some of it online.
You can check this site: http://www.dnb-sets.de/?suche=paradox
I saw dev playing live a couple of times now and was always such an intense show. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for help with beginner studio setup Spectraz 8 15,691 5th May 2020, 12:56
Last Post: Spectraz
  hardware sampler setup noooobz0r djfada 10 8,178 21st October 2011, 19:11
Last Post: lament
  Laptop DAW setup mono_sono 7 6,061 21st July 2011, 10:50
Last Post: mono_sono
  New setup... now what? Novelty 12 9,610 21st January 2010, 04:36
Last Post: Novelty
  More Software Setup Questions Decree 2 3,534 20th August 2009, 08:51
Last Post: Lephrenic