BREAK ID - SKANNA - FIND ME

24 Replies, 2999 Views

Afternoon all

This will probably get moved somewhere else, but here goes... Smile

Can anyone ID the break used in that old Skanna tune - Find Me (1995 Bukem Essential Mix)

Thanks
Got any audio of it?
Phokus Wrote:Got any audio of it?
Nope,

Its a bit of a classic, so hoping someone remembers it...
if anyone has the essential mix oyu can cut a piece out of it ?
that'd help Xyxthumbs
phokus Wrote:that'd help Xyxthumbs
i have it at home, but no way of uploading to a website.

i can email a clip if you pm me and let me know youre addy Cool
Yes
then we can stick it online?
Don't see why not
theres a link to the mix in the 'currently on your stereo' thread. its very good.

also, any opinions on whether that thing i posted (its back up) in the sample hoes section is the one from footsteps or not?
tyler Wrote:theres a link to the mix in the 'currently on your stereo' thread. its very good.

Xyxthumbs

Quote:also, any opinions on whether that thing i posted (its back up) in the sample hoes section is the one from footsteps or not?

ah cool, will give it a listen when i get home :d
john doe Wrote:then we can stick it online?

Damn MP3 barrier won't let me upload it right now, but if anyone has any ideas on the break IDs for the following....

Let it Roll (Crystl) has had me stumped too. Half of it is the JBs/Collins stuff i think, but theres some other ones in there (the clattering pitched down bits).

Photek - Consciousness / Phase One - Try a Style (Odyssey Recordings) - both Photek tunes and both have big clanging beats I've not heard on anything else....

The noisy breakdown beats inbetween the amens in Source Direct - Yo B*tch on Demonic (also on Stone Killer / Web of Sin - Metalheadz)

And if you're really good at this....

Break IDs for any of the beats in
Rufige Kru - Dark Metal (apart from the amen and apaches of course)
Source Direct - Capital D (Skull Snaps and Ike Turner I think - any others?)
Source Direct - Call + Response / Computer State (mad rapid tinny breaks...

Ta very much
There's elements of Do The Do in there, but as for the rest of it, I'm not sure Icon_sad
CYGNUS 26 Wrote:Photek - Consciousness

one half of it is called the 'plastic jam' breakbeat (from an old labello blanco compilation.) the other half is a break i have but i don't know the name of (see also: brass wolf - 'two'), i'll have to post it for an ID Smile

CYGNUS 26 Wrote:Rufige Kru - Dark Metal (apart from the amen and apaches of course)

there's a lot of 'make way for a panther' by paris in there (i got that one id'd here, thanks to the resident beatgeeks Wink)

CYNGUS 26 Wrote:Source Direct - Call + Response

funky mule
CYGNUS 26 Wrote:Phase One - Try a Style (Odyssey Recordings)

i might be thinking of the wrong side of that record, but i think it's rusty bryant - 'fire eater'
scart ridge Wrote:
cygnus 26 Wrote:photek - consciousness

one half of it is called the 'plastic jam' breakbeat (from an old labello blanco compilation.) the other half is a break i have but i don't know the name of (see also: brass wolf - 'two'), i'll have to post it for an id Smile

please do!

scart ridge Wrote:
cygnus 26 Wrote:rufige kru - dark metal (apart from the amen and apaches of course)

there's a lot of 'make way for a panther' by paris in there (i got that one id'd here, thanks to the resident beatgeeks Wink)

Hahaha Wave

yeah, it's the fx'd life could break of make way for a panther. see the sample whores forum - i uploaded it there a while ago.

scart ridge Wrote:
cyngus 26 Wrote:source direct - call + response

funky mule

Xyxthumbs, although "mad, rapid, tinny" don't sound like funky mule to me. are there any secondary breaks thrown in?

i'm separated from my record crates at the moment, so i can't check anything right now... will go dig them tomorrow, though :d
Shit, I forgot to listen to these when I was home yesterday... bollox!
Guys,

Cheers loads for having a go at these breaks.... Grin

That should give me some help looking for the beats now i know what they are called....

The tinny rapid breaks might be on the Computer State tune (I might have got the wrong name - but definitely Source Direct from their Science days)

I didn't understand what you meant re: the FX'd Life could / Make way for a Panther - do you mean its a different version or summink?

Anyway, thanks again for that...
CYGNUS 26 Wrote:I didn't understand what you meant re: the FX'd Life could / Make way for a Panther - do you mean its a different version or summink?

Anyway, thanks again for that...

It's Rotary Connection - Life Could break... but it's not sampled from there - there's a second generation version of it that is sampled from Paris' Make Way For A Panther, which is FX'd differently and has vocal bits in it.
geeks!!!
Christ that was quick Icon_eek

I see, different versions....

Thanks for letting me know Grin
Its not geekery, ahem, its a healthy interest
if there's a question about breaks, i tend to be quick Twisted

@ john doe - Flipa Icon_razz
haha, i know, i wish i knew more

gonna learn loads from Croms and Phokus hopefully, i intent to batter them with questions Hahaha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEWS More Skanna Vinyl firefinga 5 3,494 7th January 2017, 14:50
Last Post: firefinga
  ! Skanna 3 x 12 inch Vinyl Repress Pack ! - Serious Drooling Biz - firefinga 2 3,864 3rd July 2015, 14:37
  Heads up to the subverts that haven't gotten the skanna repress... cheef 5 4,115 18th March 2015, 10:38
  Skanna tricks? Jason oS 4 1,417 27th May 2012, 17:51
Last Post: Phokus
  The Skanna Collection Vol 1 appreciation Breaker 2 1,458 23rd August 2009, 21:28
Last Post: cheef