Create an account

Extracting audio clips (not full tracks) from CD in the post-Peak era?

This is sort of a nitpicky workflow question, but I always liked Bias Peak's extract audio from CD function because it allowed you to set the in- and out-points of the extraction, rather than extracting the entire CD track. I haven't had Peak for a while and was just getting ready to buy a new copy when I found out that Bias had folded. So now I'm looking at other audio editors and I haven't been able to find one with this particular function. So far I've tried out Adobe Audition, DSP Quattro, and Audiofile Engineering Wave Editor, but all of these seem to just do whole track extraction. So, does anyone know of any other audio editors that have the extraction capabilities of Peak?

Again, I know that this isn't really a crucial element for an audio editor, it will just speed up my workflow.
"We have done electronic accidents. And it is also possible to damage your mind. But this is the risk one takes. We have power. It just depends on what you do with it." - Kraftwerk, in Lester Bangs' "Kraftwerkfeature"

Agent Sunshine Wrote:This is sort of a nitpicky workflow question, but I always liked Bias Peak's extract audio from CD function because it allowed you to set the in- and out-points of the extraction, rather than extracting the entire CD track. I haven't had Peak for a while and was just getting ready to buy a new copy when I found out that Bias had folded. So now I'm looking at other audio editors and I haven't been able to find one with this particular function. So far I've tried out Adobe Audition, DSP Quattro, and Audiofile Engineering Wave Editor, but all of these seem to just do whole track extraction. So, does anyone know of any other audio editors that have the extraction capabilities of Peak?

Again, I know that this isn't really a crucial element for an audio editor, it will just speed up my workflow.

I think I have an ancient wave editor on my p4 that can do this, but my PC isn't hooked up at the moment.
My sampler can trigger rec by peak value for a specified duration. I want to say Soundforge can too, but don't quote me just yet.

You could probably do this with audacity while something like VNC or Windows Media player plays the audio source. Not exactly the same thing, but close.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UA's latest ways of extracting our cash..... Paradigm X 10 2,716 19th February 2011, 12:04
Last Post: dsp
  slices with BIAS Peak 5? fraher 1 949 22nd January 2009, 02:27
Last Post: fraher
  How Do I Apply VST Audio Effects to Emu Emulator X Tracks CYGNUS 26 6 2,071 15th November 2004, 17:23
Last Post: Logos

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016