the pain of being 30 and getting that "holy shit I'm not so young" experience

7 Replies, 5192 Views

this may be intended as humurous or it may be me just ranting.

So turned 30 back in June, no big deal at the time really. Fast forward a mere six months, left the farm in Arkansas and ended up in Arizona working construction / landscaping with all mexicans, where I speak spanish all day. Yes, Arizona, lots of cactuses and shit. Yes, t's beautiful out here, but my outlook has clouded my ability to absorb the wonder of it all.

Here I am, making 9 dollars an hour, getting extremely adept at insulting people in Spanish. For all that I feel I can do, all the potential and knowledge I've built up, I find myself in a world that could really give a fuck. Wow, your an expert at french intensive no-till organic farming, doesn't mean a fucking thing out in AZ.

Went to the club last night and for the first time really got hit with the "holy shit I am getting fucking old" feeling. Getting friendly with a 43 year old woman who looked like she was my age, and everyone else looked like high school kids. I remember going out at 21 and everyone looked so mature and older, and now it's totally switched. Some girl locked into my eyes and randomly said to me "oh ma god your like not even close to my age". And I'm a very young looking 30 year old! Like I could pass for 24-25 no problem.

I have no idea where I'm going. Just saving up money. May bolt for Europe. May try to move to SoCal. May go back to school for a degree at try to "settle down" which is like a dirty word in my mind.

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Father Time, chupa mi culo, cabron!
Hugs
I get what you're saying Smile

30 suddenly crept up on me, no idea where it came from. Anyway, almost 6 years later and I don't even think about my age any more until it gets to my birthday and I have to think hard to remember how old I am :P ....

All these 22 year olds look about 15 to me now Lol
Euphony Wrote:I get what you're saying Smile

All these 22 year olds look about 15 to me now Lol

Yes on both counts. I'm 25 and I see a massive difference in looks between 19-21 year olds and people my age.

9 dollars an hour is not enough for you Greg - is this a temporary job? I think 9 dollars exchanges to about £6 in the UK.
Yeah, I turned 20 this year & it's well dry. Neutral
HiddenSound Wrote:For all that I feel I can do, all the potential and knowledge I've built up, I find myself in a world that could really give a fuck.

Get out HS!!! You should "bold for Europe" mate, dooo eeet, dooo eeet noooww, get your ass to Mars Qvaid!

Nothing worse in life than wasted potential dude Xyxthumbs

Wave
There's some cliche article my girl showed me that ranked 'the 20's'. Was very accurate as I remember them. Turned 28 this past October (which I think was #1 on their list), and it's definitely shaping up to be the best in this decade for me. My 23 was awful, haha!

Went ahead and found the article....http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/every...st-to-best

Sorry HS, not 30's related, but getting there (?? BigstickAcclaim). Definitely get out of AZ if it's not taking you the direction you want to go. Makes me think of Lucille Bluth (rather be dead in CA than alive in AZ hahaha). Head somewhere that has a need for your knowledge, experience and skills and MAKE IT HAPPEN!
I got 35 coming next Icon_sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE New Hyper On Experience Material (?) firefinga 2 3,347 16th October 2020, 09:57
Last Post: firefinga
  RELEASE Hyper On Experience - Vinyl Reissues firefinga 4 3,636 18th July 2019, 06:08
Last Post: Muttley
  BBC Young Musician 2018 Statto 0 2,019 17th April 2018, 18:51
Last Post: Statto
Smile the caretaker's new album - holy shit Muttley 0 1,404 2nd January 2018, 18:34
Last Post: Muttley
  Fine Young Cannibals DJ ML 11 6,897 18th February 2016, 22:09
Last Post: DJ ML