Beta 2 & Zero Tolerance - Lip Service question

4 Replies, 1713 Views

Today I was listening to Code's Subtle Audio Show from October 2014 with Beta 2 & Zero Tolerance - Lip Service (from Minder EP on Reinforced) in it. I wasn't too familiar with that tune earlier, however I recognized one of the elements used in some old d&b tune, probably 1998-1999-ish. It's the horn (well, not sure if it is a horn, it's some kind of wind instrument) sample, used in Lip Service for example at 3:23 and 3:35:

Anyone knows where it was sampled from? Or even better in which 1999ish d&b tune it was also used?
Most of you probably know that feeling of hearing one well known sound in a tune which you are unfamiliar with and then trying to determine where did you hear it earlier Smile . I've been trying to figure it out for a while but without any result. Some Decoder & Substance tunes sprung to my mind, but finally I think it was sampled somewhere else Chin
no, it could be anything Baffled
the "whistle" at 3:29 sound very familiar too ... Smile

maybe Beta 2 and Zero Torelance have asked other producer for the sound and used them?
Flytronix - Vertical Plains

^ is the song maybe you lookings for? its a long time ago when I listen for this song but it has similar sound....
Thanks for your replies. Somehow I managed to recall what was the tune which also sampled this - it was also used in Ganja Kru - Move On. Still wondering about original source of this sample though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  would you purchase this pa amp? OwenPaulStory 0 1,517 24th May 2012, 02:41
Last Post: OwenPaulStory
  Bad lip reading droid 9 1,120 13th November 2011, 15:33
Last Post: subvert
  Beta 2 - crystal meth (drum break used) brandz 4 2,342 9th January 2011, 00:10
Last Post: DJFracture
  looking for an amp djneils 1 1,265 24th February 2010, 00:20
Last Post: djneils
  COD 5 WOW beta codes davetrax 10 2,328 30th October 2008, 10:46
Last Post: ASC