Hidden Lab - Waypoint (funky electro atmos)

7 Replies, 2252 Views

Wanted to try some really clinical electro-ish beats after the recent breakbeat workouts so here we are - bit reduction distortion on the drums and a clean and funky soundscape:

Hidden Lab - Waypoint (v2) (4.7 MB, 96 kbps MP3)
Hidden Lab - Waypoint (v3) (4.6 MB, 96 kbps MP3)
Hidden Lab - Waypoint (v4) (4.6 MB, 96 kbps MP3)

Newest version:

Hidden Lab - Waypoint (v5) (4.6 MB, 96 kbps MP3)
[Image: groundmotion-forum-banner.gif]
[Image: conscious-banner-latest.gif]
Fantastic mate! Just what I needed after a hard day at work. Smile
yeah groovy stuff man!

diggin this one for sure..
Thanks a lot guys, glad you like it! Smile

I just did a new version two days ago - added some more variations to the drum and bass patterns as well as some filter automation and tweaked the mixing a bit as well.

Hidden Lab - Waypoint (v3) (4.6 MB, 96 kbps MP3)
I have finished the new version now, quite an overhaul actually. Lot of small effects, variations, more break layers, a different bassline and more tweaked mixdown. Check it! You might like it. Wink

Hidden Lab - Waypoint (v4) (4.6 MB, 96 kbps MP3)
nice one. i like the melody. the congos at about 2:35 are dope and the ambient break down is sweet ! Good one !
Subrosa Wrote:nice one. i like the melody. the congos at about 2:35 are dope and the ambient break down is sweet ! Good one !

Cheers Subrosa [Image: hut050.gif]

I'm planning on doing yet another version of this for the massive who wanted the old bassline back in v4... Wink
Boh!! Finally found time to go back and put in the bassline from the first version of this tune into the current version, and the result is v5. Check it out:

Hidden Lab - Waypoint (v5) (4.6 MB, 96 kbps MP3)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hidden Lab - Genotype (breakdriven atmospherics) tectonic 12 4,491 24th May 2007, 19:28
Last Post: cram
  Galaxi - Journey Into Deep Space (mix) Vol. 1 (atmos/prgrsv) Galaxi AKA Tuch-Tone 3 1,453 6th October 2004, 19:50
Last Post: FUNXION
  Hidden Lab - Back and Beyond (breaky atmos) tectonic 7 3,028 15th September 2004, 21:16
Last Post: tectonic
  Hidden Lab - Metrosine (atmospheric drumfunk) tectonic 24 6,741 23rd May 2004, 20:15
  Hidden Lab - Backlash Revisited tectonic 7 2,258 29th January 2004, 17:37