Create an account

[-]
Tags
are what you at book the moment? reading

What book are you reading at the moment?

I'm reading Dr Mukti And Other Tales Of Woe by Will Self which has some pretty interesting short stories in it all of which are bleak and isolationist. Good stuff.
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/

marge piercy - woman on the edge of time

part science fiction futurist utopia
part castigation of mental asylums

Falcon

i started a star called henry (stacks Xyxthumbs ) on the train this morning, but fell asleep (tiredness, not the book). no doubt i'll pick it back up on the tube.

Robert Hooke biog by Lisa Jardine.

Scientific revolution massive say "empirical" Wink

statto Wrote:marge piercy - woman on the edge of time

Falcon

man, that sounds cool!

any good though, stylistically?

does she use 'i guess' a lot? Teef
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.

Logos Wrote:Robert Hooke biog by Lisa Jardine.

Hahaha

Kuhnian massive say 'paradigm shift' etc etc Grin
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.

Macc Wrote:
Logos Wrote:Robert Hooke biog by Lisa Jardine.

Hahaha

Kuhnian massive say 'paradigm shift' etc etc Grin

Beard stroking massive say what?

noisemonkey Wrote:
macc Wrote:
logos Wrote:robert hooke biog by lisa jardine.

scientific revolution massive say "empirical" Wink

Hahaha

kuhnian massive say 'paradigm shift' etc etc :d

beard stroking massive say what?

Hahaha Chin

popper cru say falsification etc etc (Yawn this could go on for ever...)

i nearly did the falsificationism thing, glad i didn't......

all about paul feyerabend though Falcon

i'm currently reading "tough tough toys for tough tough boys" by the mighty Will Self also...

Noise mate, i saw a reading of the book you are reading by the man himself a couple of months back....

Blue

got to meet him and even gave him some cds.

im not reading anything at the moment. mainly cos i just finished the hollow chocolate bunnies of the apocalypse by Robert Rankin (thanks to you lot on here) and need to recover.

Hahaha

not read that one yet, mr orange - enjoy it?

he is a maniac, isn't he!

'stark raving genius' Hahaha Xyxthumbs

it was excelent man! its as wicked as! huhuh

macc Wrote:i nearly did the falsificationism thing, glad i didn't......

Applause

i like the lesser known french historians/philosophers of science bachelard and canguilhem (who taught and influenced foucault).

i finished a book called the ecstasy business by robert condon last night - biggest load of shite ever!
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?

B Wrote:i finished a book called the ecstasy business by robert condon last night - biggest load of shite ever!

isn't there a bloke in the police force called sir robert condon? just though i'd mention Hahaha

and it was shite you say B?

Teef

Ag3nT[ Wrote:0raNg3]im not reading anything at the moment. mainly cos i just finished the hollow chocolate bunnies of the apocalypse by Robert Rankin (thanks to you lot on here) and need to recover.

It's wicked isn't it? I love the bizarre twists and turns the story takes, it just begs you to keep on reading! Love it to bits!

It's also refreshing to read a Rankin book that isn't set in Brentford!

I'm not reading anything at the moment, I've got my eye on a few of my girlfriend's books at the mo, so I might have to covert one of them, 'The Quantity Theory of Insanity' (or something like that) by Will Self looks like an attractive proposition. Or I might read Ham on Rye. Again.
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.

diabolical - it was wrote in the 60's - i foolishly picked it up thinking it would be a smutfest....not one erotic conotation whatsoever! :/
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?

i just finished reading when you ride alone, you ride with bin laden, which is essentially a picture book for adults. it's a good quick read-i like some of the points about saving, american gluttony and drug policies even though bill maher is a bit of a chauvenist prick.
SKRUB AUDIO UPDATED 5/2009 Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. URL

macc Wrote:
statto Wrote:marge piercy - woman on the edge of time

Falcon

man, that sounds cool!

any good though, stylistically?

it is very good Yes

in fact it features in statto's official top five science fiction books ever list

:comicstoreguy:

What are the other four in your top five Statto?

Do you like Greg Egan?

statto Wrote:it is very good Yes

in fact it features in statto's official top five science fiction books ever list

:comicstoreguy:

Chin

might have to look it out then.......

blue Wrote:i'm currently reading "tough tough toys for tough tough boys" by the mighty will self also...

noise mate, i saw a reading of the book you are reading by the man himself a couple of months back....

Blue

got to meet him and even gave him some cds.

sweet, will self is a sardonic genius. that book you're reading is awesome as well.. Xyxthumbs

logos Wrote:
macc Wrote:i nearly did the falsificationism thing, glad i didn't......

Applause

i like the lesser known french historians/philosophers of science bachelard and canguilhem (who taught and influenced foucault).

gaston bachelard...what is he all about?

If you are interested in Literature you can always share your experiences and insights, or suggest books over at http://eyebored.2.forumer.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Book Readers... firefinga 5 680 16th April 2015, 19:14
Last Post: MetaLX
  Favourite jungle mix at the moment? Ph1l2007 4 708 5th February 2014, 12:38
Last Post: Law
  top five tracks at the moment? HiddenSound 3 712 18th August 2013, 04:15
Last Post: Code
  Mr Men book reviews Statto 5 673 2nd November 2012, 09:24
Last Post: Euphony
  Audio book recommendations please? arqtic 6 468 26th January 2011, 18:16
Last Post: Düffah