Reaper

30 Replies, 11499 Views

does anyone love this as much as i do?!

<3

j

0=0
[Image: siggy.jpg]
magdusia Wrote:I just can't take it...omg omg...I just..I just can't...
I like it Grin
It punches well above it's weight. The time stretching algorithms are fantastic. It does everything you could ask of it and a shitload more. Win.
I've just downloaded reaper and gonna give it a wee test run this weekend Grin

@ Reaper users. How is it for chopping up breaks, editing midi and general sample management ?

Cheers
i downloaded this a couple of weeks ago meaning to try it out as a multichannel vst host but got sidetracked and forgot about it, thanks for the reminder

i would like a vst host that can handle instruments with 8 i/o channels (per instrument) , can reaper do this?
djr005 Wrote:I've just downloaded reaper and gonna give it a wee test run this weekend Grin

@ Reaper users. How is it for chopping up breaks, editing midi and general sample management ?

Cheers

chopping up breaks: pretty good..i love working with audio like that in a daw and I'm more satisfied with reapers interface for this than ANY modern daw (see: sonar, cubase, logic etc)

editing midi: really powerful...slightly wonky but i'mgetting used to it. love multiple windows for different CC graphs...plus the option of dragging/copying notes and taking along the associated CC values which is a really cool feature. They are updating midi functionality every week.

media management: there is a media manager..looks cool..i never use this shit.

j

0=0
mattrick Wrote:i would like a vst host that can handle instruments with 8 i/o channels (per instrument) , can reaper do this?

it has the best routing abilities out of any piece of software i've ever seen...save for max/msp, puredata, reaktor etc.

reaper's functionality in this regard is top. also automation is amazing aswell...it's almost criminal how much fun that shit can get.

j

0=0
0=0 Wrote:
mattrick Wrote:i would like a vst host that can handle instruments with 8 i/o channels (per instrument) , can reaper do this?

it has the best routing abilities out of any piece of software i've ever seen...save for max/msp, puredata, reaktor etc.

reaper's functionality in this regard is top. also automation is amazing aswell...it's almost criminal how much fun that shit can get.

j

0=0

Think i'll have a butchers at this, you never know.... cheers J Wave
its good. but changing sequencer after 15 years of cubase is going to be to much or a learning curve for me. but for someone starting out or not too bothered about learning a new program its unbelievable for $60 and 4mb install it puts the others to shame

no bloat, fair price, all the features you expect from a daw and they will listen to there users Xyxthumbs
aye. Had a look at it but to be honest it may as well have been written in Hebrew, for all that I could understand Hahaha

Like Leo said, FAR to many years of cubase/logic for it not to completely melt my mind Oops
guys, the learning curve isn't really that high...they didn't reinvent the wheel..it's a fuckin' daw. it's just more comprehensive and fun than cubase(how i loathe theee).

j

0=0
i had a good go on it this weekend and i really like it so far. Does a much better job of rewire hosting than cubase, and it lets you do some cool multiple io routing shit with VSTs that I don't think is even possible in cubase or live.

also, it loads in about 3 seconds Icon_eek Lovesmilie
have been rtfm'ing all morning and it looks pretty much like a few hard weeks of un-remembering things / habits

I did get this ages ago and have a mess about , i have even recommended it to a few people know what its capable of, im going to give it a shot we will see if i stick with it, the program is all i want in terms of foot print and compatibility.

The thing is 0=0 work flow get reduced when your trying to learn new stuff so if it impacts your actual time spent to much its a negative tool rather than positive.

Saying that when cubase crashes thats 100% A negative fucking impact Lol

if it gets on with my sl25, uads and soundcard it might be a keeper
tried this for about an hour, uad plugs killed it every time. Icon_sad
Paradigm X Wrote:tried this for about an hour, uad plugs killed it every time. Icon_sad

yes seems some issues on the forums i think uad1 works ok,will see what happens as rs88 is my most used plug i hope its not gonna give me issues
Tried it out for an hour.. and there are some really nice bits, especially like the idea of a track being a track no need for the audio track / midi track concept...

I am too used to ableton live though and running on OSX it is a bit unstable... crashed it 3 times...

One I will be watching though...
for the headfuckedcreux

multitimbral & multiout vst help

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=27868

this guides great it shows how flexible this shit is, i would of taken me ages to figure this out with the little time i have spent with reaper

Falcon im setting lots of templates to take the ball ache away Cool

once shortcircuit & kontakt are usable for me im at home
Lovesmilie already
I had a good test on windows 7 x64 with reaper x64, my 2x UAD cards / novation sl / focusrite sapphire and its all good so im ready to roll, will give it a working out tonight and see how it all goes
nice one leo

Xyxthumbs

thinking of flogging Cubase5...
Paradigm X Wrote:nice one leo

Xyxthumbs

thinking of flogging Cubase5...

charlie yamaberg might be losing a few punters then, im glad i did not upgrade to 5, i do love cubase but its just they need a more flexible / open aproach to the software and it does get buggier as the years go on.
0=0 Wrote:guys, the learning curve isn't really that high...they didn't reinvent the wheel..it's a fuckin' daw. it's just more comprehensive and fun than cubase(how i loathe theee).

j

0=0

i take it all back
Smile
im all setup all my groups and screen sets are done, i have a skin i like, all my plugins and key shortcuts are set. my basic routing is done.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Will check this out, sounds good Smile
I want to give this a go for teaching purposes, would be good after teaching some kiddy how to make beats that the software didn't cost over £300.
just gone back to this after 6 months of forgetting about it
the price has one down to $40 Icon_eek
Falcon

slowly adapting it to my cubase ways, Its so fucking customizable takes a bit of work but its capable of most things except proper ctrl d behaviour in the midi editor and right click apply vst fx. but for the money and the features steinberg can go fuck em selves Lol
$40? might have to invest
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reaper Annastay 5 4,863 3rd April 2012, 02:50
Last Post: sackley
  Reaper 4 dsp 39 21,366 9th October 2011, 22:59
Last Post: lament
  reaper (?) dodz 2 2,693 5th November 2007, 23:45
Last Post: Macc
  REAPER subvert 4 3,171 19th May 2006, 17:17
Last Post: Macc