Aye up Macc/Tech geeks - Out to desk or 'all in the box'?

23 Replies, 11161 Views

i fucking love this place, and thanks once again for all your time - nice to know you're still learning something, and that you've wasted years of your life worrying, yet still don't have a clue haha

@dsp, lookin forward to comparing the results on that one mate!

@macc ''knowing which plug you need in a given situation mean you can be more flexible without taking that long over it. trying out 10 different eqs on one thing Thumbd ''

totally agree with that, although i think half of my own personal battle in that respect is to do with confidence as opposed to having any clue as to what i should do - pretty much have a good idea of what does what and when/where i need to apply it, but it's that fear of committing that always f*cks me over! it's like as soon as you commit, there's no excuses for being crap anymore, you can't simply say 'well yeah, of course i'm gonna change that bit' haha Wink

and i don't think even i would be so picky as to try out 10 eq's for one sound, but then that's only cos i'm not the brightest when it comes to eq! if it was just deciding on 'sounds' however, it'd be a different matter.......all hail the indecisive

basically, i need to shut the fuck up and get on with it.

seriously thanks again for the input, sc just became my homepage

much love as always, and even more respect, hovver

Messages In This Thread
Aye up Macc/Tech geeks - Out to desk or 'all in the box'? - by Hovver - 4th February 2008, 20:43

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DIY Kit Building - geeks r us. denaris 177 128,741 26th February 2014, 11:58
Last Post: Paradigm X
  Mixing desk buzzing - HELP PLEASE! Hovver 6 5,540 15th May 2011, 20:35
Last Post: Fada
  Mixing desk question... snaper 6 4,979 12th August 2010, 15:06
Last Post: Shiva
  For sale: Argosy Aura 260L Workstation Desk subvert 5 4,417 20th October 2009, 16:30
Last Post: subvert
  Production/Studio people...help on a mixing desk! nolige 17 7,719 20th March 2009, 20:01
Last Post: The Silent Coup