Miles Davis - In a Silent Way

51 Replies, 30259 Views

Falcon
Another one I need to get on CD.

Tape Grumble

Unless you fancy sending them to me, Stattissimo?

Oh, and I'll ping you Boilermaker in a tick Smile
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
I only have it on vinyl

although I'm currently listening to the Complete Sessions on CD copies (from Loris Kisskiss)
it's all about the editing... there's loads of stuff that Miles & Teo Macero took out... and the rest is chopped about all over the place

Blue
Yeah, the inlay of Bitches Brew has a list of all the edits in Pharoah's Dance - madness......

1970 Tape Edits Cru say BOOHHH. Or something.
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
[Image: doa_boh.gif]
In a Silent Way: Homerdrool probably my favourite 'Jazz' album. The HiHats that last forever!!!

Macc Wrote:Yeah, the inlay of Bitches Brew has a list of all the edits in Pharoah's Dance - madness......

1970 Tape Edits Cru say BOOHHH. Or something.

It's all about Teo Macero!!!! Producer of LEGEND. Try Miles nearly last album before he went off the radar, Get Up With It for some badass production.

BTW, I have the In a Silent Way complete sessions on Soulseek, along with Miles more Miles. donrosco is the soulseek id
don't do soulseek Oops

i'll just go and buy it Xyxthumbs
BTW Monsieur Rosco, did you get your mitts on those tunes I linked Rohan to? Smile
Macc Wrote:BTW Monsieur Rosco, did you get your mitts on those tunes I linked Rohan to? Smile

No!! I will though, cheers fella . . .
macc Wrote:don't do soulseek Oops

i'll just go and buy it Xyxthumbs

nice 3 part expensive boxset!
don rosco Wrote:
macc Wrote:btw monsieur rosco, did you get your mitts on those tunes i linked rohan to? Smile

no!! i will though, cheers fella . . .

Xyxthumbs Smile

fwiw 4l+n is the one everyone says i should push. so consider it pushed Lol

make sure that scraggy pirate looking mofo gets em too please, thanks Smile
In a silent way Homerdrool

Picked up E.s.p on vinyl the other day and thats baaad.

BUT, what does it for me is "Circle in the round" a double LP which contains different versions Bitches brew tunes.........BIG Homerdrool

BUT, I havent got Bitches Brew Oops Oops

Im so ashamed!!
initial Wrote:but, what does it for me is "circle in the round" a double lp which contains different versions bitches brew tunes.........big Homerdrool

more than that...
there are out-takes from all miles' groups since a kind of blue

in particular...

splash

Falcon

ps go and buy bitches brew right now you fool
What he said ^^^

John MacLaughlin Lovesmilie

Spanish Key Lovesmilie

Pharoah's Dance Lovesmilie
statto Wrote:ps go and buy bitches brew right now you fool

has to be on vinyl and orig pressing, but i'll get the cd for now........sorry statto, i know ive let you down Spank Wink

ive heard it many times before but just for some reason never brought it.

i hate that, you think you are doing well in your collection and have some good bases covered, then something happens and you realise that your collection has more holes in it than a sieve!! Roll
initial Wrote:has to be on vinyl

http://eil.com/shop/artistlist.asp?artis...iles-davis

Xyxthumbs
I need to get this Oops
I'd burn it for you Log'ead, but you'd only end up forgetting to do me something in return :P
I'll buy it I think. Cool
Plus your burner is shite, or so I hear, Boris?
No he's just not learnt how to use it properly Lol
It's the software version I was using, but then of course, you're above all that aren't you Macc.
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:It's the software version I was using, but then of course, you're above all that aren't you Macc.

I'm above receiving CD's from you, if that's what you mean Horrace Grin
Ahhhh I get it now. Selective distributing of music. That never made much sense before!
Wink

Kisskiss

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Betty Davis appreciation Statto 14 10,161 10th February 2022, 09:56
Last Post: Statto
  Miles Davis NoodeL 22 12,416 14th May 2016, 20:08
Last Post: Statto
  The Renegades aka Matt Davis - good producer firefinga 0 2,595 4th August 2015, 21:08
Last Post: firefinga
  "Vinyl Renaissance" hitting my neck of the woods (which is 70 miles away from ... firefinga 3 2,763 12th April 2015, 22:59
Last Post: Muttley
  Omni Music Presents 5 Miles From Venus Promo Mix Euphony 7 4,031 7th November 2012, 18:02
Last Post: Euphony