Bought my first card!

31 Replies, 7177 Views

Picking up tomorrow Smile

Quick question though. My music PC is not conncted to the internet (and can't be until BT stop being arseholes) but I can get online on my laptop.

Will this present major (i.e. showstopping) problems with registering/downloading plugs etc?
no

you only need the card serial number details from the audio pc, and you could just write it down. then you register it using these details, and download any plugs you may have bought. its just a tiny reg file (double click to install), so easy to transfer so easy to get from one to another.

so yeah, id guess its easy. just make sure you get the number correct cus all the plugins are based on this code, to work with your cards.

i think.

macc will expound later im sure.

Xyxthumbs

enjoy.

its all in the manual or on the site too. and uad customer support is just fantastic.

cut up youre credit card before its too late...

and enjoy man.
Yeah, you can do it online without that particular machine being online...

My only feelings are I AM SO SORRY cos you will want them all.

Just enjoy Pultec for now and spend the voucher I think you'll have got on .... ohhhhhhhhhh probably LA2A. But don't hold me to that. The supplied ones are getting a little more use here though, and Nigel et al are wixxed for wrecking beats...
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Cheers Grin
i like nigel on bass just the bass amp sim
enjoy - and cane - your demos, that's all i'll say... cos you will most likely end up like me, a hopeless lost cause Sad2
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
if youre quick dont forget 20% off all comps til oct 31st.

Call off sick, enable the demos and cane the demos.

Grab the best at th 11th hour. I think they are 6/7 hours behind (clocks just changed here) so youve got til 7AM nov 1st to decide and get the 20% off. Best check that out.

Bargain.

But like macc says, ive bought everything ive demoed so far, they all seem unique and essential. Another lost casue. Ive not demoed the rest because i cant afford to find out i need them yet ... Hahaha

I personally think the 201 is what sold it for me. Its just Lovesmilie

But everything is just stunning.
Yeah I clocked the 20% thing...looks like I will miss out though as some mix up has meant I couldn't get it today - will be Thursday at the earliest JEDIcrying

Next thing is to get a new soundcard so I can free up that freakin' pci slot my emu currently wastes...
seriously, if youve got a receipt or invoice, email uad

they are so nice

for example, one of the cards scope sent me, broke in the post . they gave me a new one for free no questions asked, including the free la2a and 1176ln that was on the broken mackie card. and also gave me $100 free dollars i missed cus i couldnt register them in time.

im sure theyll sort you out with some kind of hookup

give it a shot.
Logos Wrote:Next thing is to get a new soundcard so I can free up that freakin' pci slot my emu currently wastes...

sound lost already... Teef

you heard the 201 demo on their website?

Lovesmilie again

ive not managed to write a post with the word 201 in it without using the Lovesmilie smily.

lostlostlost

Hahaha
^^ Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha

It's true James, tell em there was a hold up with delivery and they may well sort you 20% off...

Either way, as you've bought a new card you'll be getting $150, and that's not to be sniffed at Grin
Certainly not to be.

Thanks for the tips.
Oh dear...... Hahaha

Welcome
Paradigm X Wrote:
Logos Wrote:Next thing is to get a new soundcard so I can free up that freakin' pci slot my emu currently wastes...

sound lost already... Teef

you heard the 201 demo on their website?

Lovesmilie again

ive not managed to write a post with the word 201 in it without using the Lovesmilie smily.

lostlostlost

Hahaha

i loved it so much i did a track called re201 i still don't own it yet Icon_sad but i have a demo reset Icon_yippee
dsp Wrote:i loved it so much i did a track called re201 i still don't own it yet Icon_sad but i have a demo reset Icon_yippee

Wave

its installed and registered (can't believe how stress free it was too).

sounds fookin fat!

gonna run the demos when i return after the weekend, but got a good idea of what i am getting initially...

one last question...i don't have any pci slots unless i get a new soundcard to free up a slot (my emu hogs two) - is it possible to run multiple pci-e cards in combination? i thought i spotted something in the documentation that made me think it wasn't...
You can run PCI, PCI-e, whatever, in whatever combination.

Are you feeling the pultec love? Teef
Yes...yes I am

Gruber
Hahaha
i bought one from scope, just plugged it in.

MUST NOT PRESS ANYMORE DEMO BUTTONS.
we could just make this the main forum and dump the fron one in here Hahaha
Hahaha

now i feel like a really belong

lolzerz
You are now welcome, your leprosy is cured.
Hahaha
Have you tried pultec? Smile
Macc Wrote:Have you tried pultec? Smile

not yet. i fear the demo button. it feels expensive every time i press one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a new s-card with adat... markgabba 22 6,728 19th June 2006, 10:03
Last Post: Macc
  Sound Card Help Please J.DIGITAL 22 2,101 21st February 2006, 18:40
Last Post: J.DIGITAL
  I just got my uad card dsp 9 2,267 28th June 2004, 10:59
Last Post: subvert