Muttley - Back To Mine

12 Replies, 3775 Views

[Image: overshadowed_no_tl.jpg]

Artwork credits: cordani @ est00.com

Download exclusively at The Hydrogen Cafe

TRACKLISTING

01. Lull - Illusion Of Unbroken Surface (from the album "Like A Slow River" - Glacial Movements)
02. Hildur Gudanottir, BJ Nilsen & Stillupsteypa - The Direction Was Foggy Or Cloudy (from the album "Second Childhood" - Quecksilber)
03. Klute - Untitled (from the album "No-One's Listening Anymore" - Commercial Suicide)
04. Grouper - Close Cloak (from the album "Way Their Crept" - Type)
05. Stars Of The Lid - Hibener Toujours (from the album "and their Refinement Of The Decline" - Kranky)
06. Massimo Liverani - Primavera (from the album "Zaum Vol.1" - Psychonavigation Records)
07. Lamenter - Bleeding Riverbed (from the album "Sleeping Me" - Phantom Channel)
08. El Heath - Epick (from the album "Reflecting (Ambient & Loop Tracks, Autumn 2006 Reprise)" - Phantom Channel)
09. Xela - Her Eyes Sparkled And She Walked Away (from the album "Tangled Wool" - City Centre Offices)
10. Ulrich Schnauss - Molfsee (from the album "Far Away Trains Passing By" - City Centre Offices)
11. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Providence (from the album "F#A#Infinity" - Kranky)
12. Hakobune - The July Skies Followed Us Here (from the album "Wandering Toward What Was Unsaid" - U-Cover)
13. Kettel - Halt Him (from the album "My Dogan" - Sending Orbs)
14. Mogwai - Punk Rock (from the album "Come On Die Young" - Chemikal Underground)
15. Bark Psychosis - Burning The City (Alt mix) (from the album "400 Winters" - Fire Records)
16. Jodi Cave - For Myria (2) (from the album "For Myria" - 12k Records)
17. Lezrod - Digi4 (from the album "Genki Vol.1" - Zymogen)
18. The Alpha Rhythm - Long Road Ohm (from the album "Proof Of Concept" - Seedknowledge)
19. Klute - Torrential Pain (from the album "No-One's Listening Anymore" - Commercial Suicide)
20. Pilote - The Dialogue (from the album "Do It Now Man" - Certificate 18.)

Overshadowed: notes

"Overshadowed": the "Back To Mine" model taken literally, in a mixed-construction collage of music very personal to my existence; upheld as a return to being myself. Catalysed by an explosion of hateful bile, and inaccurate surmising, from two allies, towards me - defending the woman I've scripted in the "15 Minutes Of Fame" writeups from part 5 onwards - who this is anonymously dedicated to, each track signifies through titles a soundtrack to meetings, and departures which have never taken place.

Cataloguing what can overshadow failed friendships by symbolism - from the rebuttal of society with "Untitled" by Klute, to the depth-charge fathomages - over fabrication - of Grouper's "Close Cloak", prior the stones of universal change, gathering moss, and returning with surplus details - from each rise and fade - on Ulrich Scnauss' "Molfsee"; rain samples bespeaking the "Where are you going?" questioning in GYBE's "Providence", then a handful of sentimental recordings from 2006, where I believed I could trust this lady - as a true friend; no infatuation, just investment by what I brought to the table in conversation; then finally the juxtaposing of rational and irrational lust, leaving the participant with a subconscious dialectic principle for advancement on "The Dialogue", by Pilote.

The end of a relationship or marriage can be a difficult and painful experience. It can leave you feeling confused, lonely and lacking confidence in yourself and the future. Feelings of betrayal, guilt or rejection are common. Anger, sadness and confusion are often intense. Moving forward can be hard when trust, self-confidence and self-esteem have been shaken. All I hope for is that "Overshadowed" can be an aural springboard to assist and heal those swathed in darkness, that which I'm slowly exiting, one step at a time.

Any feedback much appreciated. Smile

Good thoughts
Muttley
the link takes me to Transference?
TVG Wrote:the link takes me to Transference?

Awaiting nrvnet to post it; shouldn't be long. Thanks for the interest Smile
Looks wicked. Will check when up!
Concept81 Wrote:Looks wicked. Will check when up!

Twothumbs

In the meantime you can grab pt.2:

http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/show...hp?t=50438
Bump for availability.
downloading Rainbow
Statto Wrote:downloading Rainbow

Xyxthumbs
Bookmarked Wave i have a load of your mixes to check man, putting them on when going to bed is my usual but it means I miss most of the music

Look forward to checking them properly... will be on the phone for next long journey Smile
dwarde Wrote:Bookmarked Wave i have a load of your mixes to check man, putting them on when going to bed is my usual but it means I miss most of the music

Look forward to checking them properly... will be on the phone for next long journey Smile

Grin

Sorry, but I can't travel to Xmas Bangface. I've a wedding reception to attend. Hoping it's a cracker for you.
Emails Jon Kisskiss
Any opinions people? Wave
any mix with Pilote = Xyxthumbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MIX Muttley Back To Mine November 2K17 - The Path Of The Optimist Muttley 15 15,196 1st June 2020, 18:24
Last Post: Muttley
  MIX Back To Mine June 2K17 (Muttley) - includes subverts Muttley 5 5,068 6th July 2017, 18:06
  MIX Muttley - Back To Mine 9 - Slipstream Dreams Muttley 5 5,854 21st February 2017, 12:48
  MIX So...who wants a new Back To Mine? Muttley 5 4,213 31st March 2016, 09:48
  RADIO Muttley - Back To Mine Part 4 - Eternsal Life (ASBW 6 Year Anni_) Muttley 13 7,038 16th November 2015, 23:28