new roni size tune :slayer:

481 Replies, 59917 Views

Listening to some propa Roni Size now: 'Friday Nite' Icon_yippee
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:You have 2 have some respect for anybody who can make any kind of money out of d&b,surely?

It's like making a stone bleed or turning water into wine.

Virtually impossible.

Many many things are difficult or nigh-impossible but that doesn't make all of them inherently worth achieving - not in my book anyway.

I think this kind of admiration usually only comes from those people who've worked in the drum n bass industry... so it is basically like professional admiration.

Which relates not one bit to the music! Wink
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
naphta Wrote:many many things are difficult or nigh-impossible but that doesn't make all of them inherently worth achieving - not in my book anyway.

i think this kind of admiration usually only comes from those people who've worked in the drum n bass industry... so it is basically like professional admiration.

which relates not one bit to the music! wink

Yes indeed
Sounds like music from the training montage of an 80's ski film, where the good guy is training to race the bad guy.
sooooo...

holy shit.

that tune is unlistenable! is this the left field material that he said was coming that all of us would love?

devnull Wrote:Sounds like music from the training montage of an 80's ski film, where the good guy is training to race the bad guy.

Hahaha
Jason oS Wrote:sooooo...

holy shit.

that tune is unlistenable! is this the left field material that he said was coming that all of us would love?

Wasn't that Krust ?

...or Dillinja ?

...or Photek ?

...or....

Apparently they all have these amazing tunes lying around, but the world just isn't ready for their greatness...
Lyrical theme(s): War, Freedom, Glory, Honor, Heavy Metal
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:You have 2 have some respect for anybody who can make any kind of money out of d&b,surely?

It's like making a stone bleed or turning water into wine.

Virtually impossible.

with that kind of ambition i'd say pop is a way to go...
roni could even help raising the quality a bit.
but the other way round.. i dunno

plus, you only get people in between something (which isnt necessarily bad, just not the big profit)
all in all i think he'd be off better doing something completely different...
re: the return of some quality material over braindead fillers... I heard Flight play a Dillinja tune that wasn't horrible the other week.. Icon_eek had all his trademark elements but rolled out with a bit less sledgehammer and a bit more musicality

But otherwise... I ain't holding my breath Lol
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
devnull Wrote:Sounds like music from the training montage of an 80's ski film, where the good guy is training to race the bad guy.

shit, i'm glad someone else gets it! =P
If I saw Roni in the street I'd curl a massive turd right into his mouth.

Not really.
soundz like roni size meets mylo, with a second bassline made by an infant.
it is what id expect from roni though, saw him recently and it was all like that
Icon_sad
u HAVE 2 SEE where its BEEN, in order to TAKE IT where its GOIN.
fanu Wrote:remember...
in dnb, u cant judge a tune by listening to an mp3 from the 'net at home...
it may sound good thru PA / it may sound big at parties Lol

Yeah, but the NOTES are shit.
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
fanu Wrote:it may sound big at parties

Lol
i just listened to this clip again.

there's 16 bars of just ride cymbal, and 32 bars where absolutely no changes happen, after the bassline ( Hahaha ) drops.

i put the essential mix on, and i'm bouncing away in my chair to the awesome sergeant general Falcon

JEDIcrying roni you fucking twat!
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
8bits Wrote:the worst part is that this tune have all the elements to do blow at 90% of all d&b parties! Roll

fixed your post
Macc Wrote:

liner notes? do Roni Size 12"s have liner notes? Lol
Macc Wrote:

Lol

This tune is Wack (sorry to say) Roni has sunk even further down in my estimations and i did not think that was possible..

The Mylo reference is a very good one. that intro is the Plops the sounds throughout the tune are terrible and there is nothing redeemable about the tune whatssoever.

I ain't hating if it was running i would say so but it's not IMO.

Please Roni in fading memory of a once glittering career, Fix up and KISS that's "Keep It Simple Stupid Icon_exclaim
Trusted shield of truth and justice!!
i don't know why but it makes my penis hide Baffled

still... nuff respect for what he was doing back in the days!!!!

but what's that? you just need 2 Korg Electribes to do such things.

btw: i think it's been 3 years since i listend to a roni size tune... so i don't mind at all. :P
sorry to keep bumping this thread, but i haven't finished slagging this fucking filled-to-bursting-colostomy-bag of a tune.

the question is:

since when was roni size a rock musician?

the intro sounds like you could be mine ( Falcon ), then there's the big synth thing. this is why i bumped this thread - that is soooooo blatantly the verse of every little thing she does is magic by the police ( Falcon ). go on, sing the melody of that police tune over it.

then it's basically a big barre chord going up in a yawn-inducing, stale scale like i did when i was 13 and just getting to grips with guitar. add to that the fact that the bass sound is 100% certified fucking shit or your money back, and you get a right pile of poo.

if it was 1984 and this was the demo on my bontempi, i'd take it back to the shop.

i'll be back to abuse this rancid infected pig's cock of a tune some more later.
i havn't listened to this yet
Make sure you do. If you want to hear what I imagine ramming your head into a live Dobermann's mouth then eating it from the inside out while it tries to vomit you out resulting in a big wave of dog bile and fresh dogsick plugged against your face so you have to eat through that and then strangle the dog with your hands squishing your own head a bit cos it's in the thing's neck and then swinging your head round against the wall to make sure it's finshed off before eating its flesh licking the bones dry picking your teeth with them and then finally shooting a big lump of grit into our eye with a spudgun sounds like.
DnB should be like boxing, where they retire when they're too decrepit to swing a proper punch.

You can still say 'man, he was a great fighter', but you're not going to put him up against someone fresh and hungry, cos he'll get torn to pieces.

I ain't too in touch with this side of things, but is this fairly representative of that whole lot now?

Anyone got Roni Size's email address? Twisted
hey this is pretty good!

for an untrained imbecile.
bare
Macc Wrote:I ain't too in touch with this side of things, but is this fairly representative of that whole lot now?

pretty much Baffled

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  apparently roni size... forecast=rain 45 23,047 9th March 2017, 19:04
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  A letter of complaint about roni size bhima 7 5,264 22nd June 2015, 11:12
Last Post: firefinga
  willow the vampire slayer slayer! RhythmicNature 18 7,214 28th August 2012, 13:26
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn
  Slayer - Angel of Death Naphta 11 5,359 5th January 2012, 19:37
Last Post: InfiniteSloth
  Scientists Super size Quantum Mechanics Euphony 3 3,162 7th September 2010, 20:25
Last Post: Fada