?
i do

never use it anymore tho

worth so little i keep it for old samples

why ?
^ same as
i don't use it as much as i should, but then i rarely finish tracks
it was supposed to be more of a 'final' sampler
i bought it when it first came out (£1200 with 2mb ram Icon_cry)

bargain at the time (1994ish)

2 lines of 16 digit text arent great for editing...
feck
i've never known anyone who bought one new, that price tag is just way too much, but at the time...

i bought mine from an sc member for about £100-120 with international postage. initially i loved it, bought the second filter card (for £65), so had all expansions (except flash-rom), and since i haven't used it that much.

it's quite time consuming, but rewarding, but i'd rather not spend too much time with it unless i get to the final stage - it was supposed to be used as the sampler for my breaks when i finish and bounce the track.
aint been many of them.
I'd rather have a Honda S2000 .. my E-mu E4XTUltra is very low mileage but worth peanuts so it's staying in the garage for the time being. Could never get into the Akai workflow..
Yep I have one, rarely use it these days. Bought in 1998 got the 8 channel expansion card and full RAM.

Why do you ask?
shanti Wrote:feck
i've never known anyone who bought one new, that price tag is just way too much, but at the time...

i bought mine from an sc member for about £100-120 with international postage. initially i loved it, bought the second filter card (for £65), so had all expansions (except flash-rom), and since i haven't used it that much.

it's quite time consuming, but rewarding, but i'd rather not spend too much time with it unless i get to the final stage - it was supposed to be used as the sampler for my breaks when i finish and bounce the track.
aint been many of them.

entire first years student loan Teef
mines in my bin cupboard , im not joking either, along with a tascam tape deck , i always hated samplers with no proper screen and shite software to control it
im actually looking for the fx card fer it.
-a}}|{{{
abend Wrote:im actually looking for the fx card fer it.

Chin this has an fx card but although i have had it in a cupboard for a few years i don't own it but i lost tocuh with the owner a long time ago ,

for the right price i may sell it Chin Chin
dsp Wrote:mines in my bin cupboard , im not joking either, along with a tascam tape deck , i always hated samplers with no proper screen and shite software to control it

heh.
thats just part of the intrigue :d

dsp Wrote:Chin this has an fx card but although i have had it in a cupboard for a few years i don't own it but i lost tocuh with the owner a long time ago ,

for the right price i may sell it Chin Chin

Baffled
-a}}|{{{
Paradigm X Wrote:entire first years student loan Teef

Lol Lol

keep checking ebay, abend Smile
takes me back

in a tiny room with 286 pc, cakewalk s2000 juno 2 and bass station.

rinsin

old school.

lol
shanti Wrote:

Lol Lol

the funny thing is....
its cheaper to buy a s2000/w fx + shipping than it is to buy the card new.

...but i just want the damn card!
-a}}|{{{
All I can suggest is post a request offer on the major dnb/production boards.
Or places like Soundonsound, or those free listing sites - Gumtree, Craigslist etc.
I think there may a request option thing on ebay, too. And depending where you live, or if it's worth it - try requesting in paid/free 'second hand' papers like Loot.

Keep at it, man.
Abend Wrote:
shanti Wrote:

Lol Lol

the funny thing is....
its cheaper to buy a s2000/w fx + shipping than it is to buy the card new.

...but i just want the damn card!

buy, remove card, stick on ebay.

:P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  akai s2000 SCSI setup djfada 21 6,167 6th January 2009, 18:03
Last Post: djfada
  Akai S2000 and EB16 Hermit 0 855 10th May 2005, 09:35
Last Post: Hermit
  I just picked up an akia s2000... Dozuki 11 1,980 10th January 2005, 23:43
Last Post: RhythmicNature
  Akai S2000 & Logic Hermit 0 908 30th January 2004, 11:38