What is the latest record you purchased?

3594 Replies, 998815 Views

sunday brunch - no resistance
herbert - around the house
DOM & ROLAND (VOLUME 1) - SAIGON RECORDS - SAG 1
KEV BIRD & THE WAX DOCTOR - BASEMENT RECORDS - BRSS006
ADAM F - LIGHTER STYLE / BURNING - SECTION 5 PROMO COPY
ED RUSH - MOTHERSHIP - NO U TURN RECORDS - NUT-016
WAX DOCTOR - another direction / the stalker - BASEMENT RECORDS - BRSS 018
DJ Trax - High Time (Nookie Remixes)
CREATIVE SOURCE - HEAVEN - CARLITO'S WAY.
OUT CAST - Outcast - Protocol (Roll A Mix) AA.Outcast - Protocol (Roll B Mix) - Streetbeats SBEAT001
BLUE - STRENGTH 12" 2002 STREETBEATS SB022
EzeG Worlds of Confusion
Bizzy B & Equinox Brain Crew EP
EQUINOX - FROM ABOVE / TOGETHER - Breakin002
Materia - Impact (paradox mix) / Impact - Basic
DANNY BREAKS-SPACE CHAMELEON
DYLAN - WITCHCRAFT - DROPPIN SCIENCE Vol12
Photek - NATURAL BORN KILLA EP - Metalheadz
Bizzy B - Infactuation EP
Source Direct - Capital D/ Enemy Lines
ALPHA OMEGA -Broadwalk/Bootcamp- Slow Motion
breakage - lead me on / morning star - Bassbin
Fracture & Neptune - Deadlands / Discharge - Streetbeats
Digital - Spacefunk 2000 Remixes

im officialy addicted to ebay Lol
Vinyl?

Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Lick My Decals Off, Baby. On Straight.

Oh yeah.

Read it & weep.
Reflect Wrote:Vinyl?

Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Lick My Decals Off, Baby.

Blue
trout mask replica or stfu Icon_eek
word is bon jovi. [] unst soundcloudzen [] zein fazbooken [] unst beefy! beefy! []
not vinyl, but

andrew hill - pax

i didn't even know it existed until a bizarre moment in amsterdam. winging its way from the fine chaps at caimanusa as i type :d

and it's got a stellar line up Hyper Icon_yippee

richard davis, freddie hubbard, joe chambers Icon_yippee , richard davis, joe henderson.

i think Homerdrool is the order of the day Yes

just realised i didn't know of it as it was only released two days ago, despiute being recorded in 1965.

Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper

thom jurek, all music guide Wrote:pax is one of those seminal andrew hill albums that sat locked in blue note's vaults for a decade before the first five cuts here were finally released as part of a double-lp package in 1975 entitled one for one. the final pair, recorded at the same time, didn't see the light of day until they appeared on the limited-edition mosaic select blue note recordings a decade after that. the personnel on this disc is a dream band: hill with joe henderson, freddie hubbard, richard davis, and joe chambers. all of the these players but hubbard had played with hill before, and the telepathy is simply synchronistic. the opening cut, "eris," is a sprawling blues clocking in at nearly 11 minutes. full of hill's knotty harmonics, and truly fiery playing by hill and hubbard, it's one of hill's finest moments on record from the mid-'60s. "calliope" is an off-kilter, medium tempo swing jam. there is a sense of time being stretched here that is simply uncanny. of the two final tracks, being heard here by the general populace for the first time -- though this too is a limited edition in the connoisseur series (so the label can make you buy it again later in some other form) -- one was recorded sans horns. "roots 'n' herbs," (not wayne shorter's ) and the afro-cuban percussion and hypnotic bassline make it a curious midtempo ballad even as its meter shifts and floats and then becomes free before it enters the more conventional rock & roll backbeat rhythm pattern that hill picks up on and stretches to the breaking point before it exhausts itself. the final cut is an interesting alternate of "euterpe," which is not al that different from the first. in all, however, this is a semi-rough and wonderfully rowdy hill date that deserves serious aural exploration.

Icon_yippee
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Quote:Andrew Hill - Pax

I didn't even know it existed until a bizarre moment in Amsterdam.

Sweet. Nice find Macc. I only have Black Fire & Judgement.

Have you heard Sam Rivers - Contours? It's also from '65 with Chambers & Hubbard. Ron Carter is on Bass and Hancock on keys. I think you put Richard Davis down twice instead of ?. Of course Rivers plays Soprano & Tenor Sax along with Flute. Recommended.

Another vinyl I've found is Herbie Hancock - Mwandishi. I've made a tune based on sampling this record which turned out pretty interesting if I may say so. I'll share it if anybody is interested. My tune that is, not the record. Lol
Ha. I just read the Hill - Pax description and realized the tune Euterpe is also on the Rivers disc I mentioned. Written by Rivers I believe. It'd be cool to hear the different versions.
Anything & Everything - Volume 3 - comercial suicide

really felling the muffler tune of that pack
the obliterati - the satisfaction of giving up (all three ep's have been brilliant)
dj trax - the drummer is the heartbeat
sileni - cold sweat
"knowing is not enough, we must apply.
willing is not enough, we must do."
Bruce Lee
reflect Wrote:
Quote:andrew hill - pax

sweet. nice find macc. i only have black fire & judgement.

judgment kills me. elvin is on fire on that record - the first tune, siete ocho, is my number one tune at the moment. not got black fire yet, i keep meaning to Oops

pax hasa literally only been out for 3 or 4 days though, so snap it up man!!

Quote:have you heard sam rivers - contours? it's also from '65 with chambers & hubbard. ron carter is on bass and hancock on keys. i think you put richard davis down twice instead of ?. of course rivers plays soprano & tenor sax along with flute. recommended.

i put davis twice but don't think i missed anyone Oops Smile

i'll be checking that one out imminently - really like the way rivers plays, from the 4 or 5 things i have heard him on Yes

Quote:another vinyl i've found is herbie hancock - mwandishi. i've made a tune based on sampling this record which turned out pretty interesting if i may say so. i'll share it if anybody is interested. my tune that is, not the record. Lol

macc dot music at gmail dot com or stfu :d
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Islaja - Palaa Aurinkoon
The Jupiter Menace OST - sitting under a TON of books right now
Garnet Mimms - Stop And Check Yourself (mono/ste) 45
Kool Keith - Break U off/ Takin' it Back
The Best of Rare Earth (hey, it was cheap, german pressing, 3 break buy)
-a}}|{{{
nexus8 Wrote:trout mask replica or stfu Icon_eek

both trout & decals are stunning :P
Dr John, The night tripper - Gris-Gris
Eight Frozen Modules - Crumbling and Responding
Electronic Music Composer - Abandon Music
Paradox - What You Don't Know (Reinforced)
Dynamic Duo - Shadow [Revamp & Original] (Intalektive)
Optical - Date Life vs. Matrix - Crossfire (Ad Hoc)
Teebee vs. Future Prophecies - Dimensional Entity / The Path (Subtitles)
Alaska - Ancestral / Shiver (Arctic Music)
Seba & Paradox - Remembrance / The Dribbler
Kemal, Rob F & Impulse - Creature / Ultraviolet (Cryptic Audio)
Digital Mystikz - Haunted / Anti War Dub (DMZ)
Loefah & Skream - 28g/Fearless (Techtonic)
Digital Mystikz - Ancient Memories + Skream Remix ( DMZ)
Skream - I / Monsoon [Loefah Remixes] (Tempa)

Icon_yippee
Quote:both trout & decals are stunning

he knows. Smile

hey, is this
Quote:alaska - ancestral / shiver (arctic music)
worth getting? Chin Icon_eek Oops
"The chaos on this planet is due to the music that musicians are forced to play, by some who just think of money and don't realize that music is a spiritual language." -- Sun Ra
Various Artists - Jazz Confidential (1958, crown records 5056)

-found one and freaked out, one of the records i heard when i was two and made me say "this is what i wanna do!"

Grin
The two Digital Mystikz releases on Soul Jazz just found their way to me.

Earth A Run Red! Misty Winter!

Ouch!
SETI Wrote:Various Artists - Jazz Confidential (1958, crown records 5056)

-found one and freaked out, one of the records i heard when i was two and made me say "this is what i wanna do!"

Grin

when you were 2 ??? Icon_eek
amit - never ending cd
boxcutter - oneiric lp
paradox - unspoken divide rmx 12"
calibre - corner dance ep
dj trax - syncopation 12"
charles earland - from my heart to yours/ intergalatic love song 7"
charles earland - ?/? 7" (forgot the two titles)
jack dejonette's directions - cosmic chicken lp
esoteric 007 promo (love her[version]= Falcon )
nucleus & paradox - elusion theme / musik box
theme from s'express remixes 12"
jah wobble & bill laswell - radioaxiom remixed 12"
tommy roe - sweet pea 7"Oops
-a}}|{{{
Breakbeat Science - Volume 1
http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/volume/scinlp001

some nice bits on here! original mix of Omni Trio - Red Rain is a tune !!
Fanu - Aurora / Shackdown (Lo:Cuts 001)
Fanu & Samurai - Paranormal Apachetivity / Black Bag (Lo:Cuts 002)

Grin Grin
calibre - corner dance ep
breakage - this too shall pass cd
paradox music 12

didn't buy the amit album. it's good but not breathtaking. 'swastika' ia a tune though. should i listen to the album again?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What was the first record you purchased ? Paradigm X 43 24,815 10th July 2016, 15:47
Last Post: firefinga
  Just purchased the blogs .com ! electricdrumlounge 5 5,483 1st February 2010, 17:49
Last Post: electricdrumlounge
  An interesting way to promote your latest record.... assemblyworker 4 5,503 24th December 2009, 20:15
Last Post: assemblyworker
  i just purchased serato scratch live Jason oS 28 19,641 11th November 2006, 02:10
Last Post: MetaLX