"stay"

0 Replies, 653 Views

anyone seen this?

crap.

persona-switches à la fight club, nuff eerie vibes à la donnie darko, repeated and/or seemingly irrelevant scenes which should suggest deeper meanings à la david lynch and whack special effects.

ewan mcgregor finally reveals his true blandness to full effect. after star wars and the island this is the final straw. i officially hate his face.

naomi watts does a good job and still manages to get to me in some obscure way, but since she's a bird, that doesn't really mean a lot. its all about that kiss in mulholland drive Homerdrool

ryan gosling is ok too, but after three of his "i'm a psycho"-glances the novelty wears of somewhat.

poor bob hoskins just got lost and ended up on the set by accident.

plus, the use of massive attack in the soundtrack robs the original songs ("angel") of their dark grandeur and makes them all sound like "100th window" which they probably always have. Icon_sad

but most of all, those pants. those who've seen it know what i mean. apparently even that bit of eye-terrorism has its meaningful right of existence.

its embarrrassing when a movie desperately tries to come across as one of those "christ, that screwed me up, i can't stop thinking about the meaning of it all and have to watch it three more times"-experiences, but the only reason you keep thinking about it, is becuase youre angry you've wasted your time.

i wouldn't care really, but after "monsters ball" i sure expected more.

please disagree and lead me to some aspects of enlightenment so i can find solace.

some nice samples though Xyxthumbs

Messages In This Thread
"stay" - by mad marshal - 24th July 2006, 10:04

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Macc - Change And Stay The Same esb 56 17,404 9th February 2016, 02:09
Last Post: esb
  Pulse - Stay Calm (Equinox Remix) haxhi 25 5,490 21st February 2015, 17:50
Last Post: Law
  dBridge Drum n Bass is here to stay firefinga 16 8,982 31st August 2014, 22:49
Last Post: Muttley
  Macc - Change & Stay The Same DIB 38 10,012 12th June 2013, 14:57
Last Post: Ian Patterson
  Been to Brussels? Recommend me nice areas to stay please! Ben Kei 6 2,562 22nd January 2013, 15:12
Last Post: davetrax