For The Ambient Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001

945 Replies, 887021 Views

The Sight Below - At First Touch (Spotify)

Minimal techno never sounded so rich and dreamy. The Sight Below, also known as Rafael Antoni Isarri, is an artist I have paid for in full live at Cafe Oto in 2010, along with Lawrence English and Liz Harris (legendary collab show!) I am telling you about this music as an appreciator first and a writer second. I miss these kind of nights, where I'm not half asleep, naturally high without amisulpride and out of it on prescription. Clarity when approaching any atmosphere greatly helps ignite and start an ergonomic process of evaluation in the listener's mind. One starts to question: "who, what, where" and "how, when, if", as much as untoward "why, whichever" and finally "of course". The result is important, functional music, written by Derek Walmsley of Wire as "just soundtracks to your memories" in 2007-2008 archival copy, but that description is as deep as any question can be about music.

The music, of course, is contortedly beguiling; fictional scenes play out in our heads as we listen, and as that listening is spaced out, so we space out too. Strange, huh? Not really, and not that it matters. It could all be to do with the sight below, a fond measure of the plight between artist and audience. What is under the covers - a false widow spider, harmless and friendly? Or a real poisonous nipper, something to avoid?

Oftentimes the regular antics of differentiating and disseminating between so-called red ants and red herrings is a taxonomical viaduct that musicians like Canada's Isarri has perfected perfectly. Recommended if you like: ASC, GAS, The Black Dog, RQ, Lopus, Laurent Garnier, Surgeon, Bvdub, and Bing Satellites.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For The Ambient Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001 - by Muttley - 30th October 2019, 23:45

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For The Closcrete Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001 Muttley 43 54,309 1st September 2021, 13:21
Last Post: Muttley
  For The Electronica Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001 Muttley 81 95,344 19th September 2020, 10:30
  Soundscape lovers - AGN / Hibernate collaboration CD Muttley 11 19,800 7th June 2019, 12:09
  Toronto Rave Mixtape Archive firefinga 2 6,537 12th September 2017, 11:35
Last Post: EdwardSullivan63
  For Lovers of AMEN! NoodeL 9 13,646 17th January 2017, 18:22
Last Post: MetaLX