classic hiphop
0%
broken beats
0%
0 vote(s)
* You voted for this item.

classic hiphop or broken beats

12 Replies, 1696 Views

so, it's me solo tonight but i've brought some extra vinyl with me so i could ask you: "what do you want as a special feature tonight?"

classic hiphop (ultramagnetic, bdp, mantronix, but also some early wu-tang, dilated peoples etc.)
or
broken beats (4 hero crew, nubian mindz, domu... head2toe, archive, 2000black, twisted funk etc.)

the special feature is something we do the first half hour of the show from time to time to spice things up and to broaden the horizon...the music we play always has a strong connection to dnb

check the other thread for show details Wink
karbonkid Wrote:broken beats (4 hero crew, nubian mindz, domu... head2toe, archive, 2000black, twisted funk etc.)

[Image: bananallama.gif]

except that i'll be out tonight Oops
i don't know!?!?!?!!!! it's so difficult to choose!! i'm out tonight anyway, so i can't listen. i might abstain. but both look equally good ideas! Xyxthumbs
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
3 votes for each...time to make a difference peeps!!! Wink
Brokenbeat!
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
KRS1, premier, Big daddy kane, Pete rock and CL smooth, Biz markie, Doug e fresh, public enemy This is what my colection speaks of, Classic, Love the old hiphop not too far back though 88 and above i would say
hippety hop Wave
classic hip hop please!
too late :P ....classic hiphop it was...show was archived so we'll pass the link soon Wink

i played

mantronix
rapmatical5
boogie down productions
ultramagnetic mc's
erik b & rakim
pete rock & cl smooth
the pharcyde
gangstarr
a tribe called quest
mos def
dilated peoples
gza
Yes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall good hip hop!!! Xyxthumbs
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
broken beats next time yo Twisted
dsp Wrote:KRS1, premier, Big daddy kane, Pete rock and CL smooth, Biz markie, Doug e fresh, public enemy This is what my colection speaks of, Classic, Love the old hiphop not too far back though 88 and above i would say

nice!
I know it's late by now but i'd say ..BOTH!
(though to be honest broken beat has the 'freshness' at the mo' and has a slight advantage)

Habit is stronger after all, isn't it!?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1988 hiphop Statto 10 8,217 10th November 2016, 16:56
Last Post: Ornette
  what hiphop tune did it for you? LucullusXerxes 54 25,994 5th September 2016, 18:45
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  old uk hiphop documentary dsp 5 3,990 24th December 2012, 17:13
Last Post: Code
  The problem with hiphop cycom 47 13,436 28th September 2011, 21:55
Last Post: J-Breaks
  Anyone feel like doing some hiphop? ALPHA OMEGA 142 24,692 20th September 2006, 13:39
Last Post: cube