Bjork

58 Replies, 10182 Views

Homerdrool

She is just so good.

I think when we will finally look back at artists of our generation she will certainly be in there for being at the forefront of creativity and genuis.

Discuss
you heard her stuff with evelyn glennie?

[Image: twothumbs.gif]
No Man reallllly wanna hear it.

Heard the stuff she did with the Brodsky (spelling??!) quartet.......really loved that.
Certain tunes on Debut and Post blow me away completely.

Love Bjork!
I am sorry but I don't get it.
I do not like Björk.
Why do you like her?? What is it I don't hear?
I LOVE HER!

I THINK THAT SHE IS A GENIUS.

BJORK!

YEAY!
[Image: mantis.jpg]
Aye she is amazing. Some people just don't get it though. Düffah for example hates her.

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
she's got some strange aura about her that seems to fascinate a lot of people.
but she's highly overrated tbh
she is very talented and the amount of sould she manages to get out of electronica is ricdiculous.

she is bad bad bad bad - don't be put off by the too oft heard pontification of the so called cognoscenti who will delve into the meanings of her tunes to the point or ridiculousness - like shakespear's study notes - longer than the text!

(p.s that isn't aimed at anyone on here!)

All you need to know you can discover with your heart and your ear!
[Image: swbanner.gif]

[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
Amazing artist. So much love for the women. Have every album she's done and still is awesome.

Never caught her live yet, really have to when she's in the country again.

Even Debut is still a stunning album.

Not heard much from the Sugarcubes though. Check her tracks with 808 State on the eMadel LP, lovely once again.
initial Wrote:no man reallllly wanna hear it.

i'll see what i can do Wave

senses Wrote:all you need to know you can discover with your heart and your ear!

Blue
The Sugacubes were huge up in Sweden and I kinda liked that tune when they are jumping around on a bed. In some kind of play house.
whiteangel Wrote:Why do you like her?? What is it I don't hear?

I think it comes down to the music and her attitude.

Attitude wise: she is so non conformist, she does what she believes in not matter how it may sound to other people. She never comprimises her artistic merit and I admire that a great deal (cough radiohead).

Music wise: its her innocence, her love of electronica and the beauty that emerges from it, her briliance at putting together lush ballads, the producers that she chooses........... and overall her vocal......its...so honest and from that honesty comes this brlliance of emotion......it just knocks me off my feet.
She is amazing - her way of working, of getting the best out of amazingly creative programmers and engineers (like Mark Bell) is a joy.

Her willingness to genuinely experiment while proving that she can sell records is inspiring.
amazing voice, great backing and Army Of Me Lovesmilie
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
on of my favourite dnb track is a dillinja remix of an old tune by her (can't remember right now even if it is my favourite tune) Lol
[Image: 3850.jpg]
she makes me feel something that no other artist has ever been able to. i can't explain what it is, but she leaves me speechless.

it was mentioned earlier, but she is utterly non-conformist as well, which makes her stand apart from everybody else imo.
i introduced my flatmate to her a while back, as he hadn't heard much about her, and we were watching the dvd of her music videos. he turned round halfway through and said 'she just doesn't give a shit, she does exactly what she wants.' absolutely correct Smile
All is full of love video.....Homerdrool (what a masterpiece!)
She's really talented & i do really like her music but seeing her on an interview etc just makes me wanna Slap the Head of her ..... she really irratates me!!
Homerdrool Amazing artist some of her songs can almost bring me to tears Oops
Aaahh!! that's really sweet Smile
love her music
well all is love vid was chris cunningham. so you'd hardly expect it to be rubbish!!

and that track on Medulla with robert wyatt is awesome. i was listening to an album by wyatt last night, the one he did after he recovered from his fall. mentalist. but v good. Grin
bare
nuffbonsai Wrote:she makes me feel something that no other artist has ever been able to. i can't explain what it is, but she leaves me speechless.

Yes.

Lol Lol Lol
[Image: mantis.jpg]
Hyperballad is one of her best tunes, in fact one of my fave tunes of all time!

Plus she has the ability to use the phrase "I miss you" or similar quite often!! :P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bjork- Signals (senses rmx) safetyboy 70 18,640 12th September 2014, 14:23
Last Post: bethom23
  New Bjork single Crystaline has amen-fest at the end!!! north.northwest 40 10,707 25th October 2011, 15:08
Last Post: Statto
  new Bjork album £500 SHIFT 13 4,139 28th July 2011, 11:25
Last Post: SHIFT
  Bjork - Isobel Statto 25 4,980 1st September 2010, 15:00
Last Post: Statto
  Bjork davetrax 10 5,214 10th June 2010, 21:20
Last Post: haxhi