Picked Clean Appreciation

5 Replies, 2196 Views

I want to hear a mix of Picked Clean that is better than the rehearsal version.

Because quite frankly I've heard close to fuck all as good as that track this year. Recorded version doesn't quite do it justice.

Gifv owls.
Picked Clean? Baffled Oops
Hahaha

Roo you nutter... Grin Nice to know someone's still listening - over the past 3 months the band has just seemed to fizzle out, mostly due to the difficulty of carrying on as we were (having to swap instruments all the time due to not being able to get a drummer in). Gigs/practices just ground to a halt and we've just carried on concentrating (a bit) on our own music etc.

Absolutely over the moon that that's changed now though, as we have a drummer joining us in a week or two GrinGrinGrin

We've now decided to keep things simple and not feel so obliged to cram every influence we have into the songs, which was what we'd ended up doing and in the process making life a lot more difficult for ourselves technically, and found that crowds - ok, those 12 people Wink - seemed to be getting less enthusiastic the more diverse things got; half glitch/electronic, half straight up pop/guitar stuff and whatever came between....

Plenty of room to vent the Four-Tet cravings with our own music, so we're now going back to just doing the stronger, more obvious 3 and a half minute stuff that people were originally getting to know and like. Going around the houses as usual, what I'm trying to say is that Picked Clean is in the new set-list so we'll be playing it a lot more, getting different recordings of things and so on (the soundcloud one was just a one-take recording into the mac at our practice room), so will hopefully get a version down that you'll like soon Grin It'll prob benefit from the drums being played by a drummer too, and not a guitarist Hahaha

Anyway, thanks very very much for the kind words mate, much appreciated! Wave
Really liking this one, too. Pulp meets GBV or summink. Good stuff!
The rehearsal version of Picked Clean is one of the tracks I just keep coming back to. Over the last year the tracks that have appealed to me most have not actually been the ones with the best sound quality, production or attention to meaningless micro-detail.

At the risk of offending, the gormless drummer shot* in the rehersal vid is perfect. Hi! I'm here because I'm not trying to look cool I JUST LIKE WHAT I DO! Dear gods in heavens above thats what music should be. When's the last time people associated music with what they're hearing and not with what someone they feel threatened by was wearing (that comment might take some thinking about).

I see people making comments 'ruff', 'wicked', 'dangerous' and the shit that they are talking about is anything but. Its safe, easy, usually keeps them in the warm and fuzzy arena of their myopic peers and given the benefit of nice quality production. Yes, I use nice in that faint praise kind of way.

I get the feeling the kettle-warmer wearing proclaimers of such wouldn't know dangerous if it jumped out of the sea and swallowed whole them while laughing in the face of John Williams soundtracks.

Do. Not. Give. Up. The. Owls.

Arguably the most worthwhile music source posted on these forums in my opinion in the relatively short time I've been lurkng here.

*Yeh, I'm going to hell for that comment, apologies and if we ever meet I owe you a beer. I mean a beer I've not already swallowed and passed through my bladder. I guess that means you need to be FAST.
Hahaha Applause

Quote:and not with what someone they feel threatened by was wearing

Lol

after all I totally not agree with you, but I think I understand what you're on about Xyxthumbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just picked up my first copy of The Economist Muttley 21 5,728 25th February 2015, 15:01
Last Post: Muttley
  How do you clean your records? hue 12 4,184 30th October 2012, 08:23
Last Post: tyranny
  i recently picked up a few old Peshay tracks nuffbonsai 16 7,661 7th December 2010, 20:42
Last Post: nolige
  How does one clean one's records? dionysus 8 2,036 16th October 2010, 12:48
Last Post: nolige
  [TIP] Use Wood Glue to Clean and Restore Old LPs 8bits 14 4,575 18th July 2010, 19:44
Last Post: cheef