BBC4 Sound It Out

6 Replies, 3248 Views

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nwfxx

Quote:Over the last five years an independent record shop has closed in the UK every three days. This film is documentary portrait of one of the very last still trading - a vinyl record shop in Teesside, a cultural haven in one of the most deprived areas in the UK. Filmmaker Jeanie Finlay, who grew up three miles from the shop, follows daily life in a place that is thriving against the odds, ensured of survival by the local community that keeps it alive. A distinctive, funny and intimate film about men, the North and the irreplaceable role music plays in our lives.

Looks good Xyxthumbs – though it'll probably make me sad.
Thank you for bringing this programme to my attention.

Gurkin
watched this the other night, some proper selection going in in there Lol some characters also the status quo geezer for example. great doc
Cheers for the link, sounds good Xyxthumbs

dsp Wrote:some characters also the status quo geezer for example. great doc

... Yes - I def think I'll like it, I'll like it, I'll like it, I'll like it, I'll lah-lah-lah like it, lah-lah-lah like it
Sounds good, now just need a way of watching it...
dsp Wrote:watched this the other night, some proper selection going in in there Lol some characters also the status quo geezer for example. great doc

yeah, good stuff – I liked the guy who was going to have his vinyl melted down and made into a coffin when he died Hahaha (or was that the same one?)
Statto Wrote:
dsp Wrote:watched this the other night, some proper selection going in in there Lol some characters also the status quo geezer for example. great doc

yeah, good stuff – I liked the guy who was going to have his vinyl melted down and made into a coffin when he died Hahaha (or was that the same one?)

Hahaha

I watched this too, was a good programme, same great characters in there!!
yeah it was the same bloke...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBC4 Tina Weymouth on Bass Statto 1 1,550 22nd January 2019, 22:24
Last Post: DJ ML
  tonight bbc4 synth britannia dsp 37 14,304 5th May 2016, 15:50
Last Post: Statto
  Chanson Française on BBC4 Statto 1 1,492 17th May 2015, 18:28
Last Post: Statto
  BBC4 10:15 tonight: Dave Grohl on the Sound City studio Statto 3 2,403 2nd February 2014, 08:09
Last Post: stemface
  FREE 3-month Sound On Sound web subscription rondema 13 3,581 28th February 2011, 18:24
Last Post: rondema