Remove a track from history

151 Replies, 35576 Views

Stacks Wrote:
Naphta Wrote:But why Stacks why why?

It's the waaaaaaaaay that it pisses me off. Terry and june 70s comedy latin guitar and that bastard catchy vocal that makes me want to kill kill kill.

Stacks

AHAHAHAHAAA!!! 'Terry & June' latin guitar - priceless!!!

Or 'Shirley Valentine' guitar perhaps?
Actually, I think the track I hate most from the entire history of drum n bass is J Majik's hideous reworking of that POX by Spaced Invader.

So many people who should have known better bigged that piece of shit up..... because 'people go mad for it!!!' (i.e. kids on their first E's).

For me however, all I could hear was the crassest cruddiest shittiest introduction of Mangle Nation Prog House musical values into my beloved d+b - from the lukewarm pissy beats to the cheapo "oooo we're all ker-azzzzy nowww!!!" rising tones designed to set off the most kneejerk reaction in mangled children.

And don't give me ANY of that bullshit about 'kids just wanna have a good time maaaan'..... ARSE: the cheapest of hardcore anthems has more vitalism, spontaneity, urgency and innovation than this turgid exercise in cynicism by the formerly god-like J Majik. The 'Luke Skywalker of breakbeat'??? THE LUKE SKYWALKER OF SHITE, more like.
Passionate as ever Naphta Hahaha
Time of the month, Naphta? Teef

(btw - I agree, J Majik is poooooooooor, or at least has been for what 7 or 8 years........ )
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Macc Wrote:Time of the month, Naphta? Teef

(btw - I agree, J Majik is poooooooooor, or at least has been for what 7 or 8 years........ )

Lemon D engineered all his good tunes anyway - though he did hook up his engineer mate with Goldie, who then went on to produce Beachdrifta together - one good track in a sea of 1999 shite.
Well there you go........... I heard J Majik was a posh kid from somewhere or other, and 'daddy' bought him all his gear..... Baffled

Who cares though, thinking about it?
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
1999 was an awful year indeed. Completely awash with pap...........
Krust - Warhead

This track was responsible for far too many copy cat shit tunes when the original wasn't that great in the first place or maybe all of Mampi Swift's 1998 output could be erased for inspiring people to knock out all manner of boring two step shite which dominated the sound of the following two years of drum and bass especially Hi Tek and possibly even Doc Scott's For Da Cause which was a steaming pile of atrocious wank.....
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
call me controversial... but i dont think that "spaced invader" was the worst culprit in bringing that warbly trancy proggy vibe into drum and bass... thin it was going to happen anyway, it had already been brewing for a while, spaced invader was simply one of the biggest tunes to follow that aesthetic.... yeah jay majik hasnt done anything worthwhile in the best part of a decade but this is far from his worst tune....

still irks me that the guy who made final approach is, actually, shit.
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
noisemonkey Wrote:Krust - Warhead

This track was responsible for far too many copy cat shit tunes when the original wasn't that great in the first place or maybe all of Mampi Swift's 1998 output could be erased for inspiring people to knock out all manner of boring two step shite which dominated the sound of the following two years of drum and bass especially Hi Tek and possibly even Doc Scott's For Da Cause which was a steaming pile of atrocious wank.....

Man, I was going to say Warhead for EXACTLY the same reasons, but didn't want to get flamed by all those people who love it on here Neutral

If any track is directly responsible above others for the proliferation of shite, it has to be this, surely.......... I hated it when I heard it, and preferred the other side by miles. Nothing has changed.
J Majik later dismissed his own debut Innervisions LP as the product of 'headphones and too much weed'.

Does that mean we could dismiss his output since then as the the product of 'tinnitus and too much coke'...?

Don't get me started on 'Warhead' either BTW - a bigger crackhouse downer than any of the hardest 95 amen bizness could ever be. Ketamine d+b.

And yes, it is that time of the month Icon_evil
Naphta Wrote:And yes, it is that time of the month Icon_evil

What run out of Buckfast Naphtarataion?
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
Good on you Naphta!

It is good to vent your spleen once in a while!

Especially on such desrving targets.........

Tell me your views on Warhead, Naphta, I am interested. Twisted
dj_obiwan Wrote:imagine no possesions,
i wonder if you can

i wonder if you can mr lennon!!!!!

well you can't because you're dead

[Image: Smilie19sim.gif]
Macc Wrote:Good on you Naphta!

It is good to vent your spleen once in a while!

Especially on such desrving targets.........

Tell me your views on Warhead, Naphta, I am interested. Twisted

Warhead:

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNDUN
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNDUN
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNDUN
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNDUN

As effective as an iron spike thorugh the forehead, and about as likeable.
pffft it still beats the ram trilogy remix....

WAAAOW WAAAOW WAAAOW WAAAOW WAAAOWAW

Teef
always felt some aversion for warhead, it hasn't got that vibe for me,

A track that may be deleted from history
[Image: B000059O3O.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg]
statto Wrote:
dj_obiwan Wrote:imagine no possesions,
i wonder if you can

i wonder if you can mr lennon!!!!!

well you can't because you're dead

[Image: Smilie19sim.gif]

ez grumpy

[Image: grinch.gif]

Lol
send fi de hacksaw[Image: archangel-michael-holy-card.jpg]
The Nine, Warhead, Spaced Invader are all good tunes in their own way, they just happen to be not made for the purpose of beating off to in your bedroom Grin

I spose they have all spawned some terrible imitators though
IChiOne Wrote:A track that may be deleted from history
[Image: B000059O3O.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg]

Absolutely fucking Rofl !!!!!!!!

The sad thing is that I remember it!
naphta Wrote:warhead:

dun dun dun dun dundun
dun dun dun dun dundun
dun dun dun dun dundun
dun dun dun dun dundun

as effective as an iron spike thorugh the forehead, and about as likeable.

and as subtle, don't forget that.

that is why it was so popular - even totally non-musical people with half a brain could understand it, and thus dance to it.

why did krust lower his standards to meet theirs instead of letting them rise to his? Baffled Sad2
well i think the original warhead was very good at what it was.... the remixes were all quite unneccesary though...

still think wales was much more of a negative influence on the scene as a whole, i mean sure, say what you like about warhead, at least its called "period stains" and it least it pounds, not wobbles.
macc Wrote:why did krust lower his standards to meet theirs instead of letting them rise to his? Baffled Sad2

who knows. warhead is proper crackhead music. i swear though, drop soul in motion at any party now and it will get them moving...
Matt Wrote:The Nine, Warhead, Spaced Invader are all good tunes in their own way, they just happen to be not made for the purpose of beating off to in your bedroom Grin

I spose they have all spawned some terrible imitators though

yeah thats the problem... they all symbolised a really bad path for drum and bass to go down, and drum and bass went down each path in turn... silly bitch that she is....
tyranny Wrote:well i think the original warhead was very good at what it was.... the remixes were all quite unneccesary though...

But it wasn't just the remixes, it was the fact it seemed to spark off a 'heavier and faster' game of oneupmanship between EVERYBODY. Neutral
Like Croms said 'straight for the clit' dnb - no foreplay (and I LOVE foreplay! Hahaha )

It was good at what it was - whether I like it or not, that is the truth.
Maybe it was a little too good at it though, hence everyone copied it to FUCK.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  white mark on vinyl (can't remove) brandz 12 3,922 14th April 2011, 22:23
Last Post: noisemonkey
  I will REMOVE the f***ing toilet seat if you dont shut up djneils 1 1,561 25th September 2008, 21:11
Last Post: kris
  Granny told to remove hat in pub 8bits 0 931 10th March 2006, 14:12
Last Post: 8bits
  How to remove Wildtangent Spy/Adware? denaris 7 2,219 26th February 2005, 21:02
Last Post: Ashes
  Attn Statto - Remove Klute Metalheadz Mix Bladerunna 33 7,837 1st December 2004, 13:25
Last Post: Macc