Obama Time

96 Replies, 10243 Views

Hurray!!! Finally, the day we have been waiting for.

Welcome
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
Tune into BBC at 4pm to watch history in the making.
i strongly advise all subverts to be somewhere "safe" at 5pm GMT - in years to come people will ask you where you were and what you were doing at that exact moment in time, so you'd better have a decent answer!
Where you going to be Tyrannasoreass?
Good man he is.... Saviour he aint

the expectation over this man is ridiculous, only in America hey?

He is truely up against it with economy / middle east etc and there he will be judged once his honeymoon period is over and the real work starts. good luck to him.

the question remains who can save the world now....
OOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBAAAAMMA!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[Image: proxy_resizer.php.jpeg]
LOL@cube
strike Wrote:Good man he is.... Saviour he aint

He is truely up against it with economy / middle east etc and there he will be judged once his honeymoon period is over and the real work starts. good luck to him.

It's frickin tough for him.

However much of a 'do-gooder' he is (i obviously don't know that for sure, and how much is all talk), his hands are tied with almost all major choices. As in it's a finacial group decision, not all his.

All this 'change' he talks of, how much of it will he actually be able to do, in the grand scheme of things.

People are acting as though the streets will be paved with gold by next Wednesday Smile
Woo. World Peace can only be hours away with Obama at the helm.
bare
I'm just excited for competence...
Andyskopes Wrote:

It's frickin tough for him.

However much of a 'do-gooder' he is (i obviously don't know that for sure, and how much is all talk), his hands are tied with almost all major choices. As in it's a finacial group decision, not all his.

All this 'change' he talks of, how much of it will he actually be able to do, in the grand scheme of things.

People are acting as though the streets will be paved with gold by next Wednesday Smile

agreed.

His stance on these issues are favourable but like you said, it is not in his hands totally.

America fuck jeahhhhh....
Johnny Utah Wrote:I'm just excited for competence...

Lol
http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/prof...ile&u=3967

didn't take long

Lol
whos that then Hahaha
I think (hope) that most of the Obama boosters in the US have realistic expectations on what he can accomplish in 4 years.

Given the last eight years of ... whatever that was ... people just have a big "to-do list" of tasks that require competence and are eager to get a lot of it sorted it out.

Part of the problem with the "Change" slogan was that people read too much into it -- he won't bring about utopia, and he won't fix everything, but christ if he's not better than who we've had the last two election cycles just by virtue of being able to read and speak in complete sentences.

I agree though strike -- I'm hoping people are being realistic.
I have had in my hands a v beautiful hardback book just out by him. I'm like wtf??? When on earth did he manage to find the time to write that?

Think I'm going to head on down to the back bench newsdesk at 4 to the big screens down there.
tyranny Wrote:i strongly advise all subverts to be somewhere "safe" at 5pm GMT - in years to come people will ask you where you were and what you were doing at that exact moment in time, so you'd better have a decent answer!

Ill be at a fucking course till 6pm in town. Going to miss the majority of it all. FUCKS SAKE Mad
B Wrote:Where you going to be Tyrannasoreass?

in the jacks with a picture of michelle

Icon_exclaim
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve

yyyyyyyyyyup.

i was out with a friend downtown last wkd and this mental half naked decrepit homeless (it's 20 degree F outside) dude is completely off his face and yelling OBAAAMA (ala south park) - he felt so right that the world was saved and made sure we knew it. it was a sight to behold.

people are forgetting that 'change' was a campaign slogan, not a reality....

iraq still gonna stay fucked for a while. iran is still gonna stay on deck, possibly more.

hopefully some healthcare reform will take place but by and large i think this monster is too big to reckon with, given the corporatization of the complete medical field.

wall street? hahaha

i hate to say it but i have the terrifying feeling the US is gonna hit with something again given all that it does, namely it's outrageously aggressive behavior (since like, forever) and obama is gonna take a huge blow. no clinton pun intended.

CHANGE HAS COME Teef
I am glad the idiot is out of there mainly. I still can't believe they re-elected that moron. I mean he stole the 1st election.....but anyways.

Obama does put me (and a lot of others) at ease. He just has this way about him that makes it seem like everything will be alright. And if it aint alright, then he will try his damnest to make it alright.
missy swanker Wrote:I have had in my hands a v beautiful hardback book just out by him. I'm like wtf??? When on earth did he manage to find the time to write that?

Which one? He has two of them out. Dreams from my Father was his first one that he did pre-politics, but conveniently innoculated him from a lot of "gotcha" type news stories. The Audacity of Hope was written before he announced his candicacy and it was supposedly his backup plan for income in case he didn't win.
Beebe Wrote:I am glad the idiot is out of there mainly. I still can't believe they re-elected that moron. I mean he stole the 1st election.....but anyways.

Obama does put me (and a lot of others) at ease. He just has this way about him that makes it seem like everything will be alright. And if it aint alright, then he will try his damnest to make it alright.

(even though i no longer live in America, so don't really know) that's how i see it. Well put.

However, putting people at ease doesn't help much in the long run Smile

It's like people think that the Projects will suddenly become like Beverly Hills....by Thursday (maybe Friday) Smile
Andyskopes Wrote:It's like people think that the Projects will suddenly become like Beverly Hills....by Thursday (maybe Friday) Smile

i live in harlem - the latest word is that it's been postponed to Sunday
i always expected the messiah to be black Roll
he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama is a two-faced asshole puppet Theeboon 18 5,526 28th June 2010, 12:00
Last Post: sub
  darn day-light savings time. what time is it in the UK? TVG 3 1,706 17th March 2010, 21:32
Last Post: Phokus
  Crazy Right-Wing Anti-Obama Photoshop droid 9 5,089 26th January 2010, 21:11
Last Post: J-Breaks
  The Obama Deception Beebe 6 1,356 17th March 2009, 01:52
Last Post: Slothrop
  How long before Obama gets assassinated? dj hades 43 7,053 13th November 2008, 01:04
Last Post: MetaLX